Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi members and dear friends,

I've been here 13 years and 3 SLKs now and while I have 'liked' or 'thanked' individual posters for their never-ending contributions, I wanted to do it publicly so here goes:

First, the members I wish to thank know who they are. Yes, too many to name and I would not want to omit anyone by accident.
Whether you are proficient in just your car's generation (R170, R171, or R172) or across the board.
Whether you have an SLK or sold it, you provide the answers.
You provide the links to the threads and posts.
You tell members/newbies to use the well worn phrase, search is your friend.
You nag them to update their profile (I'm so proud).
You help and assist just because you enjoy doing so.
You always welcome new members to the forum whether you are on daily or play catchup when you do return to the fold.
You help the moderators police rude comments or thoughts so we do not go down the wrong path and become a pinup/dirty avatar/etc average car forum.

So thank you members, for all you do.
This Bud's for you!

https://www.slkworld.com/off-topic/80449-pursuit-happyness-being-member-slkworld-com.html

·
92,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And I'm never gonna forgive you for that. You know how many new members I had to catch up and nag to update n post n intro? :D

·
92,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
another opportunity approaches Posts: 36,872

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
I would like to suggest that everyone who uses the website send Jeff 10 dollars or the equivalent in a envelope clearly marked "NEW SLK FUND." His advice to each of us has been worth many many times that amount. Then, we get the current site owners to match our contributions (it's only fair) and we buy Sarge the brand new SLK55 he clearly deserves!!!! Fairy tales can come true if you only believe!

·
92,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Gregg but your mods do this all for free for love of the SLK and forum.
And I purposely did not get a R172 when it was time because of that nose.

·
Fanatical Member
3,417 Posts
I would like to suggest that everyone who uses the website send Jeff 10 dollars or the equivalent in a envelope clearly marked "NEW SLK FUND." His advice to each of us has been worth many many times that amount. Then, we get the current site owners to match our contributions (it's only fair) and we buy Sarge the brand new SLK55 he clearly deserves!!!! Fairy tales can come true if you only believe!
OK, then send the money to me. I will manage the fund! :D

·
Super Moderator/Florida Event Coordinator
13,808 Posts
Jeff, what is it you exactly want? I give you pickles isn't that enough?>:D

·
92,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bump required.
Dang! I just went over 38000 posts!!

·
92,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What? to ban me again? :D

·
92,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Time for a bump to thank those fine members again!
Simplyslk and I are at the annual SLKWorld Floriduh picnic today so behave yourselves! :D

·
92,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Of course! But u be da Boss man!

·
Registered
281 Posts
I love my nose too. Great choice.
Of course you don't want to upgrade to 172. You have just upgraded your toy and it sound bleeding good, hooning up and down that street.
I think we are the ones who should be thanking you for all the great things you have done to this forum, the time you spend here keeping us nice and straight.
As you said, I don't want to name names, just in cast I offend one or two if I accidentally missed them out. I want to thank all of you who made the forum as now and thank you so much for making us, SLKer proud to be an owner of this wonderful car and a member of this forum.
Want to shake your hands, but my hand is not long enough. So bugger it, go have a good drive today.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts