Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Not my vid :D
No I did not 'card' her :D

·
Premium Member
4,598 Posts
I'm all for good parking and being a responsible citizen, but it looks like there were plenty of other parking places in the lot... so what's the point? And then sitting there to video it? The only effect I see is multiplying one mildly annoying negative into two. And honestly, the latter of the two had intent.

·
Super Moderator
25,375 Posts
I love how much you can get into the boot.
Enough for me, but a control on BB.

Sly, setting up filming.
Her parking might be indicative of being in a rush for a reason.

You bay size (US)? Wow! We (UK) get an inch, or so either side of the car.

But SmartTop would have been perfect here.

Drop the roof and in!

But why would you be in two ordinary cars in a car park?
The film makers might be lucky that they aren't on vid themselves.
Oh wait! One is.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
When in France last year, i noticed, people parking with the drivers side as far away from the parking bay marking line, as possible, whist still keeping the other side within the parking line. Everyone seemed to be doing this. Giving the maximum space for getting into and out of there car, without having a problem. What a good idea ! :)

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shhh Daniel. That is my secret and my secret spot

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
yep - I'm putting my grandson's old car seat (he has gone up to the next size) into my wife's car (SL does not do supermarkets) so I can also have "privileged" parking, and I'll get a blue card based on my wife's mental disability >:D (based on the latest government plans to allow people with mental problems disabled parking privileges)

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Unfortunately having a blue badge is no guarantee lost count how many muppets have blocked me in whilst in a disabled bay.
I’ve also parked in two bays when no disabled bays free as I can’t get in or out which is ok when Myk’s with me as he can drop me and park.
Funny never any comments in the 170 but the 171 seems to attract you can’t be disabled with that car.
As for the parking eek that’s a classic

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Unfortunately having a blue badge is no guarantee
yep..already a problem with people who have them and do not need them, people who bought one in the pub and people who just don't care and park in blue bays anyway. I saw a young woman in a MB coupe using a blue bay last week - was absolutely nothing wrong with her ability to walk.

·
Premium Member
1,876 Posts
yep..already a problem with people who have them and do not need them, people who bought one in the pub and people who just don't care and park in blue bays anyway. I saw a young woman in a MB coupe using a blue bay last week - was absolutely nothing wrong with her ability to walk.
It will be down to her mental state - stupidity is a state of mind after all so I guess she'll qualify fully under the new proposals:frown:

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Funny never any comments in the 170 but the 171 seems to attract you can’t be disabled with that car.
As for the parking eek that’s a classic
You're right on that with the R171. But then when you park and go and pull your mother out leg by leg the stares fade a bit.

The lady could have done a Dukes of Hazard and took the roof off if she fancied getting across with more flair. :grin:

·
Super Moderator
11,867 Posts
The lady could have done a Dukes of Hazard and took the roof off if she fancied getting across with more flair. :grin:
Didn't look like the "roof hopper" type :wink:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts