Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really think my car is cursed.

This is so embarrassing, it die on the middle of the drive thru on dunkin donut. Had to ask someone to push it out of the way.

Tried to jump the car but doesn't work, it crank but doesn't start.

Not sure if it is the battery or ignition coil.

Will post error codes later.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,893 Posts
well you had enuff issues with it for anybody!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I haven't been following your story closely but your user name rings a bell. From what I remember and you are inferring it seems like whoever sold you your car was probably aware of the pending issues. Either way, I hope this is something as simple as the battery or alternator.

If you feel it is best to sell the car after having so much trouble no one could fault you. Just remember that selling the car will not recoup the cost of the previous repairs. Sell the car because you think it is likely another major issue will occur; not because you are looking to "get money back".

Hopefully it is minor - keep us posted.

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, I wouldn't blame the seller, it is a used car, it's bound to have problems whether he disclosed it out not, but I didn't expect this much in such short period of time.

It is just I'm frustrated with problem after problems.

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi All,
Here are the error codes.

P0524 Engine Oil (need to add more oil)

P0868 Transmission Fluid Pressure Low (probably need to go back to tranny place and ask them to add more oil)

P0925 Gear Shift Reverse Actuator Circuit Range / Performance

p1293 Injector High Side Open Bank 1

p1321 Electronic Ignition System Fault Line

P1437 Exhaust gas temperature (Sensor 1)

P1373 Ignition Coil Cylinder 3 Early Activation Fault.

P1433 A/C Refrigerant Temperature Circuit Low.

P1405 Delta Pressure Feedback EGR (DPFE) Sensor upstream hose off or plugged
(Soln't differential pressure sensor from another thread?)

P1353 (Ignition Coil B) primary Circuit fault
(Need to replace and check)

P2350 Cylinder 9 pressure variation high <<---- Cylinder 9, when did it become 9? LOL

Attachments

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks, will do that tomorrow if weather permit.

I changed the battery today because I was having problems with the car not starting after sitting from a few days, I had jump it a few times in the past 2 month bc of that.

It always start up fine after the jump, I even leave the car on for 30 mins a few days ago to charge the battery, I did smell some plastic smell that day thou.

Guess I need to check the fuses.

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Updates 1/11/16

Tested

- all the coil using this spark plug checker ($6), it lights up on all the coil, (note, don't holds it as it got charge, yes, I got shock from that)
90° Inline Ignition Spark Checker

- didn't check the spark plug it self since it was waaaaaay too cold outside.

-the temp sensor is ok, tested it with a multi-meter

- Took out Crank sensor, didn't know how to check the crank thou. research some youtube videos but can't connect the test lead to the connectors.

the car cranks for around 14 second, but doesn't start.

- maybe change Fuse 52 to 20Amp from 15Amp as discussed in other
next test
- swapping the two relays starter and something else relay

side note:
Worry about this code
P0868 Transmission Fluid Pressure Low.

the transmission place probably didn't know what amount to put in, can this cause the car not starting?

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
- Just added more engine oil, it was pretty low.

- also notice the Gas Fuel light stay on, there was even a code for it, is that normal?

can someone check something for me? can you turn the key to on position (Not crank the car) and leave it there for 20 second? Is that all the light you see?

thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered 2006 SLK280
1,274 Posts
+1 on checking the fuel pump. The crank and crank and crank and no fire was exactly what Sunhilde did when she died on us in Wetaskiwin last September. Unfortunately, it isn't an inexpensive fix. Translated into US dollars, the bill was $1450 and half of that was the parts cost of the pump itself.

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just a thought: if the engine cranked but didn't start... have you check the fuel pump?? does fuel come out when you cranked?? the engine wouldn't start if there was no fuel....
+1 on checking the fuel pump. The crank and crank and crank and no fire was exactly what Sunhilde did when she died on us in Wetaskiwin last September. Unfortunately, it isn't an inexpensive fix. Translated into US dollars, the bill was $1450 and half of that was the parts cost of the pump itself.
That's my next guess since u need three things for the car to start, air, fuel, spark.

Can u guys sees if ur fuel light comes in?

·
Registered 2006 SLK280
1,274 Posts
Riceball, I just checked Sunhilde as you requested; key in first position for 20 seconds. The MFD lights up, as does the radio. Of the warning lights, only the red SRS and Brake lights lit up and they stayed on. My car is a manual transmission, but I don't know if that makes a difference. The other warning lights come on when the key is turned to starting position, and go out as the car completes the startup sequence.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.