Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let you all know, that after my last venture into the GTR, I got itchy feet and had to leave.

The pressure of the impending school run meant I will need 4 seat access and there's nothing else I'd buy in the four seat category.

My only solice is that I have retained use of my sister's car and will without doubt be remaining in contact with the friends I have made on this forum as well as continuing to frequent the board.

I sold the car via a UK site called pistonheads and the new owner I am pleased to say seems to be an enthusiast too. I would hope he'll be on here in the future and would expect he'll get the same warm welcome as I did.

I want to thank you all for helping me with difficult choices and putting up with the nonsense I've been known to post. The SLK remains the best car I have ever owned to date and was also the most fun I have had tuning as for the first time, I was the labourer of the modding, not just the project manager.

Thank you, but not goodbye!

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Good luck with your new car Adam. I hope you stick around because as you know, the knowledge you have gained during your mods to SLK will prove invaluable to many members here.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase and do make sure you continue to hang around here.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I still want to hear updates on that GTR.

like.. track times, ride/comfort over distances, etc.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:Congratulations, on selling your SLK, and your second marriage to the GTR. Who says you can't "unring" a bell. Lucky purchaser of your modded SLK 350.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Congrats and as Todd said we want some details on the GTR after you've had sometime with it. I definitely like the GTR and am curious what its like, beyond the first couple weeks of ownership (service, reliability, putting a smile on your face 6 months down the road, etc.)

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Adam, as what others have said, do hang around and would like to see photos, mods, narratives, etc of any vehicle that you work on.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Did you consider the Porsche Panamera before the Nissan GTR?

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Ya' gotta' do what ya' gotta' do! I miss my MR2 Spyder, but I miss it a little bit less every time I drive my SLK!

Good luck and do stay around!

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
3 SLKs still john? damn!! sell one already - you are worse than me.

Loving the GTR so far though not driven much. she's a 2010 with 2700 miles on her now. 200 of those from me.

First thing I had to sort was the video playback which is running smoothly. I had it detailed too and some panels painted due to stone chips. It's also been clear wrapped across the front to protect the new paint.

I do miss the SLK, but have driven my sister's in the meantime and will continue to.

I'm not going anywhere, so will still be around, and am forced for other reasons to stay in contact with John (am gutted about that!!).

You also happen to be about the nicest forum I've ever frequented and if you do a search you'll see I've been on a lot. The gtr forum is sadly quite slow, and not many people interested in modding like they were with earlier skylines, possibly due to the value of the car. Thankfully I know the right people already but you probably didnt doubt that.

Am contemplating the tune versus warranty thing at the mo. I don't need more power, but for £200 I can have an extra 100bhp and torque taking me to nigh on 600 of each.

Anyhoo, the new owner will be along soon, I'd appreciate it if you could reassure that he has bought a loved and tastefully modified car!!

His main concern related to the servicibility of the modifications, but I have assured him that since all parts are MB supplied there is nothing to be concerned about.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Wow Adam. I am surprised you'd say goodbye to your SLK, but I understand.

Enjoy your new ride!!

You sure helped me with questions on many occasions! Thanks a bunch!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.