Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a very clean R170 230K in the Thrift Store parking lot so I quickly did a U turn and pulled in next to it. Pretty shade of blue with matching roll bars, black interior, and really nice aluminum wheels.:tu:

Fortunately the owner walked to his car so I rolled down my window and introduced myself and gave him a card. Ken is a local, but I've never seen the car before, so I invited him to the forum and to check out our meets.

I think he thought I was crazy!:D

My first real live encounter with a fellow owner and hopefully new member!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,385 Posts
did u give him one of the new business cards?

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did u give him one of the new business cards?
I sure did! I put my user name on the back! He never heard of the forum (poor guy), and would like to join us on a meet!

Reactions: slk320chick

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Congratulations simplyslk! You are now a member of the elite SLK Stalker Force. Your membership card and certificate suitable for framing are in the mail.

All kidding aside, I have also felt a little first date awkward approaching other SLK owners. I look at it as a random act of kindness. The recreation, knowledge, and camaraderie that are a part of SLKWorld make a great gift that every SLK enthusiast will value!

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
6,030 Posts
You are too funny. I also talked to a SLK owner a while back in a Joanns parking lot in Ft. Myers. He didn't seem as interested in the forum. Of course I didn't have any of those fancy little cards to give him. LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.