Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 SL500 and today it started emitting a metalic like catering sound while sitting in my driveway. It seams the battery has died. I called out AAA and he did know how to jump it or get the truck open to access the battery. I went on line and found some utube videos that show a panel under the passenger side foot carpet that you can access to jump start or charge the battery to open the trunk. I did access the panel but it didn't look the same as the utube video which was for S series, so does anyone know how to hook up the battery charger to either jump start the car or open the trunk?

Thank you for your help.:confused:

·
Don't forget your cat nap
191 Posts
I'm sorry, but I know nothing about that model car. However, I'm sure someone here does. Hooking a charger up to a battery is not a difficult task, but it can go badly wrong if you are not sure what you are doing. You are doing the right thing seeking help.

In the meantime, is there any way you can prove you are really Brian and not someone trying to steal his car?:biglaugh:

Ken

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,540 Posts
Call mb roadside assistance?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Ken & jeff.

Ken you have a great sence of humor and made me smile.:biglaugh:

Jeff I didn't know there was a MB roadside assistance but I will check it out.
:hail:

·
Banned
992 Posts
I have a 2002 SL500 and today it started emitting a metalic like catering sound while sitting in my driveway. It seams the battery has died. I called out AAA and he did know how to jump it or get the truck open to access the battery. I went on line and found some utube videos that show a panel under the passenger side foot carpet that you can access to jump start or charge the battery to open the trunk. I did access the panel but it didn't look the same as the utube video which was for S series, so does anyone know how to hook up the battery charger to either jump start the car or open the trunk?

Thank you for your help.:confused:
If it was emitting a 'catering sound', are you sure you're not confusing an SL500 with a hot-dog van or ice cream truck? It's an easy mistake...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts