Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I've learned that they no longer make the original type seals for our car. They make a new seal and require you to purchase a $180 special tool.
Take a look at the service bulletin....does anyone know how to drive these seal into place? I bought 8 and only need 4 so I have a couple extra but I beat the hell out one of them and it will not go in.

Does anyone know what the symbol in #4 means? It looks like a box with a S and maybe a wrench inside?

Jeff

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
67 views but no one knew?....no worries, I resolved it myself AND resolved the oil in the intake issue while I was under the hood and no, I didn't waste time and money trying to replace the hoses and nozzles....I found a MUCH easier way to clear them completely. I was going to post the pics I took but I'm jumping through the hoops required....

jeff

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
67 views but no one knew?....no worries, I resolved it myself AND resolved the oil in the intake issue while I was under the hood and no, I didn't waste time and money trying to replace the hoses and nozzles....I found a MUCH easier way to clear them completely. I was going to post the pics I took but I'm jumping through the hoops required....

jeff
Like you, it is possible that there are 67 other people who do not know how to do it because they have never done it.

Why don't you share what you have found? You may have not needed someone else's resourcefulness yet but I would not doubt that you could need it in the future. Why not give back to the community that is here to help you, when they can?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,480 Posts
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.

we have over 30000 members so 67 views is nothing and most just click the new thread/post to see what the issue is. Like, me, I am not mechanically inclined and look forward to the resolution for filing, and if a diy, for sticking it in the diy section to help other members.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Like you, it is possible that there are 67 other people who do not know how to do it because they have never done it.

Why don't you share what you have found? You may have not needed someone else's resourcefulness yet but I would not doubt that you could need it in the future. Why not give back to the community that is here to help you, when they can?

Yes, I happen to be one of the 67. I don't own, nor have I ever turned a wrench on a vehicle like yours. I read to learn, and I have learned a lot here one this forum. Some of it may or may not apply to my SLK.

Randy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.