Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SLK people smarter then me. I am having a problem with my seats. First I have had the car for about 1 1/2 years and have not been able to get the back of the seats to flop forward. I can adjust the back with the side screw forward and back a bit. But can't figure out how to flop them forward. Also while looking under the seat to see if anything was broke and I saw a hydraulic piston and wires going to a box with two plugs plugin into the box there was a cable coming from the box to the side lever on the seats this was on both sides. Can anyone help me here. I am pretty much a hands on guy but this one has me dumb founded.:tazz: :hail::hail:

Thanks
John

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,612 Posts

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
The hydraulic cylinder is possibly for adjusting the seat height. I don't think you can 'flop' the seat forward - no need really, as people won't be climbing in the back!!

·
96,612 Posts
as woolly said, it tilts but no flop

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the hydraulic cylinder is possibly for adjusting the seat height. How do you do that. I don't have any buttons that are electric. But there is a lever in the side of the set and as I said there are wires coming from under the carpet going to a junction box under the set with two plugs.

·
96,612 Posts
you have the manual right John?

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes. but did not see anything about the side lever. My seat are not electric. I don't think I don't have the button they show. Can't figure out what the cylinder is and electric box.

·
Registered
579 Posts
There is a lever on the bottom portion of the seats that will adjust it up or down say three inches? The knobs are the only means of moving it forward, they do go forward a lot actually if you keep twisting it. Another side note is that the actual manufacture of this seat it Recaro.This is what my upholstery guy told me when he did my seats. The connections on the bottom are for your seat belt light and airbag on the passenger side. Also my friend just bought an Audi tt and the seat is almost identical to mine on the bottom side, i bet it would bolt right in.

·
Registered
579 Posts

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Bradley
That looks just like the under side of my seat. So all of that is for the air bag censers (sp) My jeep has a censer in the seat that if you only have a little weight in the seat a light comes on to tell yo that air bag is not activated. So if a child is in the seat the air bags want work and knock their heads of. Sure is a lot of stuff just for that.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Thanks Bradley
That looks just like the under side of my seat. So all of that is for the air bag censers (sp) My jeep has a censer in the seat that if you only have a little weight in the seat a light comes on to tell yo that air bag is not activated. So if a child is in the seat the air bags want work and knock their heads of. Sure is a lot of stuff just for that.
You should have an airbag light in the center console of your slk next to the gearbox selector and above the window switch. It clearly states in the owner manual (I'm 16, i like to read this if i show up early somewhere, interesting stuff in there haha) that people whom are 12 and under may not be allowed to ride in this car unless fitted with a Mercedes approved babysmart child seat. So, to my understanding you probably have a child's seat that goes in your slk (designed by Mercedes) and than im assuming there is a wire that connects in the bottom of the seat to disable that airbag and turn the airbag light on in the center console.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
. . . So, to my understanding you probably have a child's seat that goes in your slk (designed by Mercedes) and than im assuming there is a wire that connects in the bottom of the seat to disable that airbag and turn the airbag light on in the center console.
There is no actual wire connector - there is an RFID tag in the MB (or MB approved) baby seat and a sensor in the car seat that detects whether the babyseat is fitted or not.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.