Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello again, since weather is not helping me with any repairs lately(rain) I had a little time to go looking in the trunk area just to see what I could see! the roof has not work since I got the car about 4 weeks ago. anyway I opened the cover panel for the pump to check fluid levels and its full but very dark looking,
I noticed other things in there and then found a wire(orange) kind of just sitting in there on top of the pump. give it a little pull to see where it was going and it was very loose, going back to the tail light housing. then after pulling some more out came what I believe to be the luggage cover close switch. it was just sitting in there by the tail light!!!

so my hope is that my roof will work if I get this switch mounted where its suppose to be. I know the area in which it needs to be, just need to see how its mounted. I could deal with a leaky cylinder if I don't have to waste lots of hours troubleshooting. hoping some one just disconnected it to hide something simple like a bad cylinder keeping my figures crossed on this one.!

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Is the switch missing from the end of the luggage cover track on the passenger side of the car? It just clips in back there. I don't have the panels removed in our car now, but I believe that there was an orange wire back there on ours as well. If I remember correctly, it was for the CD changer.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can't say if its missing or not. I will have to look tomorrow. I'm not up to par on this car yet so I don't know what I should be seeing or not. I know its not a cd changer wire, the cd changer is working fine. and there is a big switch connected to the end of the orange wire!
I will look in the track tomorrow. does the switch just mount to the inside of the panel with a few screws? or does it snap into place?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, I just looked and the switch is missing from that slot. so the wire and switch I found laying by the pump has got to be it. if this rain will stop over the weekend I'll try to figure out how to get the panel off and see if I can get it mounted in there.
just wonder what else might be disconnected in this car!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright finally had a little free time to go poking around some more. I got the trunk divider cover switch back in place and yes,, just as I had thought someone pulled that switch to cover up the leaking roof cylinders. its the two roof cylinder by the rear windows that are leaking so far. I did not detect the top lock cylinder leaking but my headliner is all sagged down so really can't tell for sure if the top lock is leaking or not.

so now I got one problem solved of coarse the rest follows, passenger side rear window did not come down?? when I hit the roof button the door windows came down then the driver side rear window came down then the truck shot open, it was faster then I was expecting. I stopped there as I read somewhere that both rear windows must be down for roof to work right, so I stopped and hit the button the other way and everything closed up right.

I guess my next step would be to pull truck panels out to get to the rear window switch and motor? yes?? don't have a manual yet..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.