Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am planning to sell my is300 becuz it is really old, it is also my daily drive atm.

so i was thinkin about getting new 2012 bmw 328i as a daily drive, using the money i get from my is300 as a down payment

anyway, my dad told me that why dont i sell my slk350 as well becuz i only drive this car on the weekend because

it is not useful in daily drive cuz of lack of trunk,seat space and i drive my is300 more cuz i give rides to my sister and her friends very often

it is decided that im going to get rid of my is300 for sure and i need to make a decision fast

if i were to sell my slk350 as well, i can settle with either m3 convertible or equivalent.

i wont be able to change it to porsche or other 2 door sports car becuz it aint useful

being a student, my budget and decision is mostly dependent on my parents and it really sucks

i love my slk becuz its rare and just so much fun to drive, it even looks sexier when i have my top down

m3 convertible top down looks... hideous becuz it has longer rear than the front...

on the other hand, m3 out-performs slk by far....

what should i do? my pop told me that i can still keep the slk if i really want to, but it seems like both of my parents want me to sell my slk and settle with something else :/ im not even sure if they will let me get 328i as a daily drive :/

i changed my exhaust, and did some modding on my slk and it is very surprising and shocking to hear this from my parents...

sigh, what should i do? :mad:

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Hard decision - the new M3 is a heck of a car, and I agree, ain't the most beautiful thing on the road with the top down.

Students do a lot better today than when I was in school, as I had a hard time keeping one car, much less two! :) I think part of that has always been my desire to avoid a car note if at all possible.

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Jeremy Clarkson once said " You cant sit in the back of a four seater convertible without looking like Adolf Hitler "" LOL

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
seriously, SLK looks so beautiful with the top down!

what should i do, haha here it even looks more hideous with a person riding on m3 convertible

so much space on the back :/

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Keep the SLK, get the BMW 328i as an alternate to the old is300.

If you know there's only one passnger to pick up, e.g., sister, during the weekday, then use the SLK as often as possible.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Go with whatever YOU want to do. The SLK is a daily drive for me. Plenty of space for a person in the passenger seat and the trunk space is ample for a two seater unless I'm planning on shifting lots of gear.

SLK all the way mate..

Also echoing John's comment, it must be tough being a student today having to choose between an SLK 350 and BMW M3...

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea, u guys r right. i drove my slk last night around the city, and yea, it is just too much fun and sexy to drive it around!

the new m3 is gonna come out next year too, so it's kinda pointless to buy a current one imo, gonna just stick with 328i and my sexy slk :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.