Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got another ticket for tinted windows today. i got one in december and just paid like $190 cuz i like my tinted windows.

iono why they pick on me, i saw plenty of 350z and gen coupe, bmws with tinted windows as dark as mine

and yet, a stupid cop makes a u-turn from opposite lane to give me a ticket

actually, 350z with tinted windows passed straight by me when i was getting that ticket

some cops tell me that it is ok to have tinted window as long as it's not too dark, but some cops tell me that it is illegal to have tinted window at all! (rear window is ok)

ironically, i never got a speeding ticket driving my slk, but i got plenty of fixed ticket

lol this cop pulled me over on the freeway to give me a ticket for my registration sticker, even though i had 2011 sticket on it, he said i need to have 2012 sticker in year "2011"

i love california, i feel so secure and safe living in a state where cops are so dedicated to do their job! ^^
:soap::soap::soap::soap::soap::soap::soap::soap::soap::soap::soap::soap::soap::soap::soap::soap::soap::soap::soap::soap::soap::soap:

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
In the uk they would make you rip it after they issued the ticket before they let you drive away. They carry light sensors to test the tint.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Both - at least in Louisiana - are very straightforward - your inspection sticker has a clear expiry date on it (and here it does now have to be a 2012 sticker), and the cops use a light meter to check tint compliance - so not a lot of wiggly room there at all.

I'll tint the '55 this summer, but to the legal limits - I don't like tickets. The only time I've been stopped has been - interestingly in the UK and the US - over my flashing third brake light, and both time was just as a "how did you do that?!" ;-)

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Quote " my flashing third brake light, and both time was just as a "how did you do that?!" ;-)

Yes how do you do that ???

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,198 Posts
what!? you don't know about John's 3rd brake light device? I have lenny's 'no regret's' original 3rd brake light flasher

·
97,198 Posts

·
97,198 Posts
John makes and sells em!! UK-c200!!

·
97,198 Posts
Whew!!! this is like being married! no one listens to me!!!!

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,935 Posts
lol this cop pulled me over on the freeway to give me a ticket for my registration sticker, even though i had 2011 sticket on it, he said i need to have 2012 sticker in year "2011"
Both - at least in Louisiana - are very straightforward - your inspection sticker has a clear expiry date on it (and here it does now have to be a 2012 sticker)
California plates have a fixed sticker on the left-hand side with the expiration month, and a renewable sticker on the right with the year. So if your left-hand sticker says "April", then your right-hand one better say "2012" if it is May 2011 or later.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
California plates have a fixed sticker on the left-hand side with the expiration month, and a renewable sticker on the right with the year. So if your left-hand sticker says "April", then your right-hand one better say "2012" if it is May 2011 or later.
that cop probably has an eagle's eye or something

cuz i was going around 75mph and iono how he can read my "month" written on that tiny ass sticker

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,935 Posts
razr...regarding eagle eyed - isn't the sticker also colour coded?
The renewable sticker with the year on it is color-coded. The expiration month is simply white with (currently) blue letters giving a 3-letter abbreviation of the month ("JAN", "FEB", etc). Not terribly hard to spot, and if the yearly sticker is still 2011 even in December there's a decent chance at least that it's really expired.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Ive had my share of fix it tickets... But I'm really itching to get my window tints to match the rest of my car. Unfortunately the rise of people getting pulled over for tinted windows have gone up... should i go for it anyways...what to do what to do...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.