Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
https://www.slkworld.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=137849&stc=1&d=1405541587

I posted a picture of my new wheel sometime ago but failed to give followup..IT DIDNT WORK…at first…I've solved that problem and thought I'd share the solution…the wheel came with the electronics,buttons etc installed, so it shoulda been easy. Course the pesky car thought otherwise and I immediately got a fault code that the dealer couldn't clear…interestingly the tech at the dealer didn't understand the issue as I do now…it turns out that the wheel has an electronics package below the horn plate, and if your car doesn't recognize the electronic module, the horn buttons, etc won't work…when I took apart my old wheel and replaced all the electronics on the new wheel with the old ones, it worked like a charm!!!…when I reconnected the battery and started the beast up-ZERO issues!! and the radio even remembered its settings!!If this is posted elsewhere (is Seanhump,who's done everything) I apologize for being redundundundant!!:Beer::Beer::Beer::bannana:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,909 Posts
Good fix! :tu: This sounds like something the dealer should be able to "code", like the valve body etc etc. What if the electronics package in the wheel itself breaks? You'd think there'd be a way for Mercedes to replace that with a new part and make everything work again.

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you'd think so huh??? the tech at the dealer said the wheel wouldn't work but was clueless as to why….I found the potential solution with a web search…MBWorld had a thread about wheel electronics that helped…I love my dealer-but I had clearly stumped this dude with my wheel from Singapore!!

·
Premium Member
10,745 Posts
My local dealer told me it wasn't possible to activate both rear fog lights , something that took me all of 10 mins ( laptop warm up included ) when I got my hands on a Star C3 and Sean's pointers !

·
DAS/STAR Registered Owner
4,015 Posts
There's a fair bit that the dealers can't, won't or are unable to do as they're not 'stock' things...

But, we have the time and the inclination to make things work, so we find our own solutions ...

I love it when people tell me things can't be done!

Cheers
Sean

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts