Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered 2001 SLK230
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2001 slk 230 i would like some black rim/wheels for i. but i am clueless about off sets and other things i just want 4 black wheels. is it bad to do non staggered wheels? basiclly just explain to me like i am a 4 year old what i need to look for. a really slow 4 year old lol. i want to stay as close to factory as possible if i can but as long as its not bad for the car i can change some.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,201 Posts
slks are staggered

only if you have winter tires on will all your rims be the same size

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,201 Posts

·
Registered 2012 SLK350
728 Posts
Changing the stagger will change the dynamics but it is possible.
If all you want is black wheels why not have them refinished?

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK350
976 Posts
i have a 2001 slk 230 i would like some black rim/wheels for i. but i am clueless about off sets and other things i just want 4 black wheels. is it bad to do non staggered wheels? basiclly just explain to me like i am a 4 year old what i need to look for. a really slow 4 year old lol. i want to stay as close to factory as possible if i can but as long as its not bad for the car i can change some.
Here are (hopefully) 3 easy ways to go about getting your wheel changed to black as you want:

1- Drive your current car to a wheel shop, ask if they can powder-coat to black for you. Get a price/wheel. If it is good for you, go for it and have it powder-coated in black. And you are done.

or

2- Go to Autozone, O'Reillys or other auto parts store (local or online) and purchase a can or two of Plasti-Dip in BLACK. Follow the instructions on the cans on how to plasti-dip your wheels to Black.

or

3- Look on EBay or other online wheel shops (quite a few.. just Google 20XX SLK350 wheels or something like that) for black-colored rims of exact same specs as your current. Make sure to match the offsets to your factory one (look up your car wheel offset on the link here <---- clicky clicky). Find any you like, go for it.

Hope the above options helps you.

Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts