Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i traded in my slk today

ive been thinking about changing my car since last year, but i never pulled the trigger because i love my slk55

anyway, i got a deal on the car i've always wanted, so i had no other choice but to traded in my slk :(

im really going to miss my slk, my new car isnt a convertible, so i will definitely miss that. im gonna miss the clunky 7g gearbox too. im gonna miss all the good times i had it in my slk.

i would still like to join the drive meets with my socal buddies if you guys let me. im still gonna visit slkworld frequently, i met so many great people here and i would still like to continue the friendship.

good bye slk :crying:

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
105,011 Posts
Sorry to see you go.
You are more than welcome to stay and visit with us.
On the SLK meets, I think you might need to ride shotgun though :D :D

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,983 Posts
Hey John. That's unexpected! What did you end up getting as a replacement?

Oh and of course you can come do runs with us. For our group it starts with the car but the friendships are most important! :tu:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys,

when i am looking for another convertible in the future, it will definitely be another slk (or slc rather)

i ended up getting a ferrari. i figured i should drive it before i have any family to support.

so far, i dont know if this was the right decision :/ it feels like car owns me rather than i own the car. i cant even freely park anywhere

and all the attention im getting, i thought i would enjoy it, but im geting more paranoid.

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
1,296 Posts
John, congratulations on the new car! What year, model, etc?

Durk, perhaps we should have a gathering of former SLKers with their new rides... Ferrari, Aston, Nissan GTR, Corvette.
And this is just for SoCal.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,555 Posts
Sweet Ride !

Stop back by any time. Maybe you can reminisce about how cheap it used to be to get your Mercedes fixed. :)

Best Wishes

·
Registered
570 Posts
Looks like you found a great car though, but yeah you might miss that top down (more affordable) driving experience. Either way I can't blame you for trading it for a Ferrari, always wanted one myself, but then I fell in love with the SLK when they first rolled out. Good thing is you can always trade back down to a SLC anytime in the future, so enjoy the prancing pony while you have it :)

·
* Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,483 Posts
Oh and of course you can come do runs with us. For our group it starts with the car but the friendships are most important! :tu:
X2

Would be fun to see different car makes on our meet-and-drive. I may get to sit inside an Aston Marton, Ferrari, etc. :grin:

Reactions: razr-01

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I got F430, i guess the banks do not care how much i make, or my income/debt ratio are, 27 yo single man buying a ferrari without any co-signer = downpay 40% or more

o yea, my insurance went up by $2500 too :(

i couldn't take many pictures yet cuz i was too busy, but here is what i have.

X2

Would be fun to see different car makes on our meet-and-drive. I may get to sit inside an Aston Marton, Ferrari, etc.
definitely you can sit in it :)

Looks like you found a great car though, but yeah you might miss that top down (more affordable) driving experience. Either way I can't blame you for trading it for a Ferrari, always wanted one myself, but then I fell in love with the SLK when they first rolled out. Good thing is you can always trade back down to a SLC anytime in the future, so enjoy the prancing pony while you have it
yea, i will probably get another slc in the future, i just love the hardtop convertible.

I can't believe anyone would trade in an SLK for a Ferrari.................an Aston Vanquish maybe
i cant afford aston vanquish :(

Sweet Ride !

Stop back by any time. Maybe you can reminisce about how cheap it used to be to get your Mercedes fixed.

Best Wishes
i called the ferraru dealer for the repair estimates, maintenance is $1800.... i need to go to private shop

John, congratulations on the new car! What year, model, etc?

Durk, perhaps we should have a gathering of former SLKers with their new rides... Ferrari, Aston, Nissan GTR, Corvette.
And this is just for SoCal.
we need to have a big gather up for the summer, for socal drivers:)

Very nice. I'd love to see it in real life one of these days. Or just some better pix .
i will bring it to the next meet if i can make it :)

Attachments

·
DAS/STAR Premium Member 2005 SLK 55 AMG
4,030 Posts
Nice ride, and totally different to the SLK .....

Let us know how you get on with it ...

Reactions: razr-01
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.