Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A neighbour of mine used to have an R170 but passed to a family member due to it being impractical with his young family. I stopped to show him my car a few weeks back. Anyway passing his house (I live at No.31 and he lives at No. 13 - that's how close we are) today and there sits an R171 SLK 200K in blue in a colour that is damn close to mine.

I'm hoping he will allow me to take a side by side picture which I can post up here. His car has some different bits to mine - his has oval exhausts and what look like aftermarket wheels but similar in style to my AMG ones. There is also a small rectangles high on the front of each of the A posts - no idea what that is. Beige leather airscarf parktronic - very similar looking cars.

Steve

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,209 Posts
and of course tell em about slkworld

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
I guess it's flattering, but it would sit a little uneasy with me if I had one of the rarer coloured cars and a neighbour I'd shown mine to went out and got the same.

But if you're happy with it, then it's all good :)

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,096 Posts
Guess what I'm going to ask?:)

Got business cards?

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shock

Spoke to neighbour an hour or so ago and gave him one my own business cards (BTW: Random Bloke YHM). He says he may join the site

Had a chat about the car - seems it is a pre facelift 171 from 2005 and an automatic. The little rectangles I was talking about are apparently factory order mounting points for a roof rack. He says his was a special order paint too but neither of us are sure the paint is the same - I'm sure they'll look totally different parked side by side. Will have to wait until tomorrow at the earliest to see them side by side and the weather forecast ain't looking too good for that (also have a very sore foot post hospital stay and angioplasty!!)

Attachments

·
94,209 Posts
may join? Meh! who needs him! lol!

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Spoke to neighbour an hour or so ago and gave him one my own business cards (BTW: Random Bloke YHM). He says he may join the site

Had a chat about the car - seems it is a pre facelift 171 from 2005 and an automatic. The little rectangles I was talking about are apparently factory order mounting points for a roof rack. He says his was a special order paint too but neither of us are sure the paint is the same - I'm sure they'll look totally different parked side by side. Will have to wait until tomorrow at the earliest to see them side by side and the weather forecast ain't looking too good for that (also have a very sore foot post hospital stay and angioplasty!!)
Check the color code on the door jam placard, usually on driver's side.

·
94,209 Posts
get his vin secretly from his windshield and surprise him with a datacard (and color)

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Holy thread resurrection Batman!

Today I finally got a close look at my neighbours 171 and guess what it IS the same colour as mine - C039 Mauritus Blue. Mine is in a shameful state needing a severe wash and polish so I could not take side by side pictures today but hopefully they are coming. What a weird coincidence - such a rare colour and sitting on a driveway about 150 yards away!!

His car has under 27000 miles on it and was saying they maybe selling it -though someone looked at it yesterday but they decided not to sell so not quite sure whether it is available or not.

Anyhoo could someone send me a link to a datacard for the car and I'll print it off for him: WDB1714422F073593

Ta muchly!

·
94,209 Posts
standby for datacard

·
94,209 Posts

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I first saw the car around a month ago but as I understand it they may well have owned it from new. They have 2 garages so I may not have 1. seen it before or 2. if I did it was before I got my car and so took little notice.

The actual neighbours have passed the car to their in laws because of their young family the car is impractical at the moment. As the inlaw's babysit regularly that is when I noticed the car - so it probably technically owned by my neighbour's in laws.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts