Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
let me make a list for all the "fake" amg's i've seen in the past few months or so.

1. SL500 "AMG" (many many of these)
2. CLK500 "AMG" (quite a few)
3. CLS500 "AMG" (a couple)
4. SLK280 "AMG" (just one)
5. E500 "AMG" (just one in front of a Mercedes Benz dealer)

it's really funny how many fake AMG's i've seen around. all of those only had 2 exhaust tips which makes it very obvious, as well as V-shaped grills instead of the / shaped AMG grills. not to mention all of the above did not mess around with the lettering of the badges. losers should go get a life.

mercedes has the most examples of "fakes" than any other automaker. just because it's so easy to buy an AMG badge for about 50 bucks and slap that on the right side of the trunk. on other cars such as bmw M, and audi S, people would have to do some removing/replacing of badges. but on Mercedes Benz's it's easy, people just slap the AMG badge on the right side and 90% of the population will think their Mercedes Benz is an AMG.

really really sad. unfortunately i never was quick enough to pull out my camera for any pics..

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
The thing with fakes is - those who know, know...but for the vast majority of other folks out there, they not only don't know - they really don't care either. So not only aren't they impressing anyone, they're just making themselves the butt of jokes and posts like this from those who can tell the difference *L*.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Actually, some of those 'fake' amgs that you have mentioned may have came like that from the dealer.

I notice the dealerships around here sometimes put AMG badges on non-amg cars that have the "amg package" installed.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
The AMG badge on car with the manufacturer AMG sports package isn't bad. It's when cars without it use it, or completely rebadge one model for another (SL500 as SL55 - seen that one) or SLK200 as SLK55's etc etc. Not a big deal in the overall scheme of life, just a pet peeve of mine I guess *L*

D

·
0 Posts
As said above Merc do supply cars with AMG packs installed with AMG badges right from the start sometimes at the dealers and other-times right from the factory.

Of course they also leave the model designation intact and you can tell the cars have the AMG bodykits so its not exactly wrong i mean they are not changing the model des just saying the car has AMG parts installed and thats fine with me because 90% of the time its the truth.

All that annoys me is people changing the model des from one model to the other the amount of E55's i have seen with diesel engines is amazing! or people adding AMG model bodyparts to a non AMG not the AMG Sport pack parts i am totally fine with that its what they are made for but people putting say a 55 bumper onto a 350 that really pisses me off because its normally part and parcel with a new badge.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
As said above Merc do supply cars with AMG packs installed with AMG badges right from the start sometimes at the dealers and other-times right from the factory.

Of course they also leave the model designation intact and you can tell the cars have the AMG bodykits so its not exactly wrong i mean they are not changing the model des just saying the car has AMG parts installed and thats fine with me because 90% of the time its the truth.

All that annoys me is people changing the model des from one model to the other the amount of E55's i have seen with diesel engines is amazing! or people adding AMG model bodyparts to a non AMG not the AMG Sport pack parts i am totally fine with that its what they are made for but people putting say a 55 bumper onto a 350 that really pisses me off because its normally part and parcel with a new badge.
Well spank me for my AMG rear spoiler. However, I think my car needed that bit of insolence.

AMG front bumper! I gave up the sport suspension so I could have the regular front end. I love my corner illuminating lights!

Rebadge / Nobadge, the sign of people ashamed of what they got who put too much stock into what other people think.

PS: I saw an old beat up Altima rebadged a LS400 the other day.

How about an SLK63 Tri-Turbo???

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Can't blame the guy, that's the cheapest way to get a new model. :biglaugh:
Yeah no loans or debt what so ever. You know I forgot to add he had the roll bars covered in /// AMG too dont know might be a mini windscreen but it was in red mesh with white lettering.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Yeah no loans or debt what so ever. You know I forgot to add he had the roll bars covered in /// AMG too dont know might be a mini windscreen but it was in red mesh with white lettering.
I've seen the cheapest, most shameful thing today. A silver Lincoln Town Car with black round rubber things stuck across the bumper to make it look like it had parking sensors. They didn't even line them up well!

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
I've seen the cheapest, most shameful thing today. A silver Lincoln Town Car with black round rubber things stuck across the bumper to make it look like it had parking sensors. They didn't even line them up well!
Want something funnier, I've seen a old cadillac sedan with small round stickers on the chrome rear bumper/bar making it look like reverse sensor. He had them done at a local decal shop for $5; might as well put a child in the trunck making the ''beep'' sounds whilst reversing.:biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Want something funnier, I've seen a old cadillac sedan with small round stickers on the chrome rear bumper/bar making it look like reverse sensor. He had them done at a local decal shop for $5; might as well put a child in the trunck making the ''beep'' sounds whilst reversing.:biglaugh:
At only $5 to make him seem like a complete idiot when he was just an idiot for free! What a deal!

D

·
0 Posts
Well spank me for my AMG rear spoiler. However, I think my car needed that bit of insolence.

AMG front bumper! I gave up the sport suspension so I could have the regular front end. I love my corner illuminating lights!

Rebadge / Nobadge, the sign of people ashamed of what they got who put too much stock into what other people think.

PS: I saw an old beat up Altima rebadged a LS400 the other day.

How about an SLK63 Tri-Turbo???
Slightly different mate cause the spoiler is included in the sport pack so if i saw a car with one installed thats what i would think.

That does not bother me at all

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
a couple of days ago, i came by the most idiotic mercedes ever.

it was a c230 sport sedan which was re-badged as :

"/////AMG KOMPRESSOR"

AMG on the left, KOMPRESSOR on the right side. the exhaust i heard was obviously a stock c230 one, from a single tip. very sad....gave me and my friends a good laugh tho.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,048 Posts
i just saw the rarest AMG model out there! the little known "E32". It was otherwise very nice, blacked out rims, Wald bodykit, but they just HAD to ruin it all with that stupid badge.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts