Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Nice addition, good to see you post its been a while mate. How is life, I hope your fine and doing well ?

Cheers mate

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice addition, good to see you post its been a while mate. How is life, I hope your fine and doing well ?

Cheers mate
Hey !!!! nice to see you !!! I am well thanks M.
Went to Merc Brooklands last Sunday, loved it. You should go next time you are here.

P

·
10,723 Posts
Hey !!!! nice to see you !!! I am well thanks M.
Went to Merc Brooklands last Sunday, loved it. You should go next time you are here.

P
I should, really heard lots of good things on the new facility over there...what do I expect to do there, is it just a showroom or like test driving facility ie performance related.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I should, really heard lots of good things on the new facility over there...what do I expect to do there, is it just a showroom or like test driving facility ie performance related.
There is a lot to do, driving experience, shopping, there is a restaurant and a bar, entertainment for kids... I did a driving experience, loved it. There is also off road driving . In addition they have lots of events. have a look at the calendar on their site, here is the link

http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/content/unitedkingdom/mpc/mpc_unitedkingdom_website/en/home_mpc/MBWorldBrooklands.flash.html

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ciao Paulo, long time no hear!! A few of us went to Brooklands on the 8th of November for the 'Powered by Mercedes' event. Check out THIS thread and THIS webpage.
I cant believe it!
I tried to go but they were admitting only people with tickets! I did not know that you guys were there! I am gutted!

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
I cant believe it!
I tried to go but they were admitting only people with tickets! I did not know that you guys were there! I am gutted!
They made a big thing beforehand about having the correct bar coded tickets, and only 4 people to a ticket, but in reality, actual checking of them at the gates was non-existent.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They made a big thing beforehand about having the correct bar coded tickets, and only 4 people to a ticket, but in reality, actual checking of them at the gates was non-existent.
i rang them up, they said no entry.. so i chickened out.. and staid put.. :mad::mad:

·
10,723 Posts
wow, thanks p...I should check it out but not in winter its freaking cold for me. In the summer I wear a light vest or rain coat at night when it gets a bit chilly!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow, thanks p...I should check it out but not in winter its freaking cold for me. In the summer I wear a light vest or rain coat at night when it gets a bit chilly!
its ok... just dont open the top.. :)
only 12C after all, it will get colder...

PS. had a look at the phostoshopped R172 thread. I like it. Lets hope they release it soon to stop the Z4

·
10,723 Posts
its ok... just dont open the top.. :)
only 12C after all, it will get colder...

PS. had a look at the phostoshopped R172 thread. I like it. Lets hope they release it soon to stop the Z4
24 c here, lots of clouds in the sky what a pleasant view...just was outside sitting in the balcony listening to what a wonderful world by ray charles...ah the mood today is :tu:

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
good to hear from you again.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't know - you haven't been hear for ages, and now we can't get rid of you :biglaugh::biglaugh:

If nothing else, keep looking on the http://www.slkworld.com/united-kingdom-region/ section - we're organising a ride next year to the Bremen factory, then round the Nurbergring.
Thats sounds like a really cool trip! I remember Bev doing it some time ago, I wonder if she is still around?

About Brooklands, as we speak I am watching James May attempt to build the biggest Scalextric track in the world, nearly three miles long, on the site of Britain's oldest grand prix track at Brooklands in Surrey!

if you are in the UK you can watch it here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00p1dn4/James_Mays_Toy_Stories_Scalextric/

:rockon::rockon:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.