Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Kids i read all about the members here on this side having problems with the Slks. I hate to say it my R170 with 55k on the clock runs like a German Housewife never let me down starts on the 1st crank. The limp mode never came on the roof works perfect i have no problems with my Slk. Yes it is old had 3 owners and the Mb Dealer only wanted to give me 6k towards an R 171. i just walked away because i still have an Slk in my Garage. Outdated of course but the old girl with 3 owners still runs like a Swiss Watch and puts a smile on my German Face. What can i say Less is more. My 99 R170 is like a Miata less is more and maybe just maybe my Slk was built before everybody on the production line went for Lunch and a Bier break. Who knows. Well as a sucker for Mb,s on a personal note i want to say that Mb trys to catch up with the rest of the German Gang. Lets get the car out and worry about it later. Mb has problems with the trucks and cars and electronics. Get it out and make the customers happy later . To me it is a repeat of the old days when Mb put all the new Computer stuff in the W126 in the late 80,s it was just not right. Could it be history repeats itself ????:td::rb:biglaugh:

·
Registered 2014 SLK200
233 Posts
yea my 2000 SLK230 has 55k miles on it and is running like a bird! Everything works smoothly with it (except for the passenger seat being stuck on hot air... and rusty wheel arches) :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.