Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup call me crazy but i think Mb Dealerships need a new Design. Ok we all go the dealer to have our cars serviced sooner or later. them Mb Dealers got a fancy showroom to lure us in to buy the new Mb. We got Cafe Bars fancy looking girls in High heels asking us if we need a refill or if we can get you anything else. But Oh Boy if i have to bring my Mb into the Dealer and it does not happen very often since i got an 99 R 170 we have to drive into this dark hole with big Letters called Service. A friendly Service Tech stands on the Frontline taking my complains and worries i get out of the car he takes all the info like Vin and problems of my beloved Mb. Than they guide me into a waiting room just like a Hospital has free Coffee Wifi all them fancy OPtions you can get for your Mb. My a beloved Mb is gone and now i am in the Room like i am waiting for the old G/f giving birth to a Newborn. Hours go by and the Girl with the High Heels comes by and tells me Mr Berliner the Mechanic is now ready to see you. Finally i can see my Baby. Well it is about time after looking for 3 hours of Mb Chrome Stuff that i can,t afford and would not buy. I am taking my Wallet out of my back pocket and hide it in the fancy Flowerpot in the Waiting Room. I follow the girl in the High Heels to see my Mechanic. That Mechanic looks like a Doctor fancy $ 9.00 Glove to work on my Baby Mask so i can,t i.d him when he screws up and i have to bring the car back again. LOL. Well kids long story short if Mb would focus more/ spent more $$$ on an open well lid Service Bay/ let the Customer watch what they do to the cars they might would have more repeat business. Yes i understand there a Insurance issue not allowing the masses in the Bays. I have a friend for more than 20 years working at the Dealership He try to tell the Owner look open up the Service and you get Customers buying a new Mb. Why Mb Owners are loyal to a Dealer if they get the right Service. Most of the Owners that bring a car back for Service want too know whats going on behind them walls. Them cars are between 9 and 11 years old. What a great way to show them whats new at Mb. Well Guys not to be a pain in the ass for the post but before i buy a new Ride i check out the Service Bay call me crazy that is just the way i roll. I have no problem spending $ 29.00 bucks on an Airfilter that i can buy across the Street for $ 14.00 we all need to make a living. But if my 11 year old r170 gets they same treatment at my local Mb Dealer like a new R172. I am a customer for Life. On a personal note before you Guys laugh up a Storm and go like silly Berliner. Let me tell you if you can find the time to make a friend at the Mb Dealer you might be surprised how quick you get a Phone call about your Mb. Like Recalls an inside number from the Dm to resolve your Mb problem. It is not how loud you scream at the Dealer it is about that Insider at the Dealership that really can resolve your Mb problem.

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,726 Posts
Daniel, step away slowly from the coffeemaker. The orange juice is in the back of the fridge. Shaken, not stirred, drink slowly. Ahhhhhhhhh. You will feel better now.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Great story, and I can certainly relate! However, there's this thing on a computer called an Enter or Return key, used to create paragraphs for easier reading. Please use it! :tu:

·
Registered
522 Posts
I know how you feel. Same here.

That INSIDER is very important. Recently I had a blow out rear driver tire which also damaged the rim. I had ran into some kind of road debris and with BIG SEMI TRUCKS to my side, front and back I could not move out of the way. Luckily I had an extended warranty that had a "rider" on the policy to cover rims/tires due to road debris. So I called the extended warranty company and they said NO PROBLEMS. I just needed to go to a licensed repair shop of my choice to get documented (the tire needed to be at least 3/32 tread remaining which was not a problem since the tires are fairly new less than 3 months old or so). So I went to my friendly MB dealer in Jackson MS where my SLK280 was located at the time (I had my SLK280 serviced there many times for factory warranty minor issues and routine service as well. I had developed a good relationship with them. They replaced the back plastic pillars on both sides of the rear window under factory warranty no charge whereas another MB dealer in AL where the MB factory is located REFUSED and gave me a hard time about it. Everything went OK until I called the extended warranty again. The extended warranty company said they would pay for ONLY the original rims/tires that came with the car from the factory based on VIN information. SLK280's (according to my VIN) came with 16 inch rims/tires. But there is an official plate on the inside of the gas flap door indicating 18 inch rims and tires (My SLK280 had the AMG 18 inch rims/tires). The INSIDER at the MB dealer then called the ORIGINAL dealer who sold the car which is located in Palm Springs CA and verified that indeed that SLK280 had upgraded 18 inch AMG rims and tires. I am the second owner and did not buy it from that Palm Springs MB dealer. The INSIDER then called the extended warranty company and officially documented that my SLK280 had the 18 inch AMG rims/tires upon delivery to the original owner. So in the end I got reimbursed almost FULLY for the replacement cost of the damaged 18 inch AMG rim and a brand new tire mounted and all that. (due to the wear on my original damaged tire which was minimum...........the extended warranty company just took off something like one hundred dollars off the entire bill. Considering what an OEM AMG 18 inch rim and tire cost, around $1400 or so, it was a relief that in the end all worked out. Not to mention the rims were "chromed" as well and the extended warranty WILL NOT cover "chromed" rims since MB does not officially ship its cars with "chromed" rims. So INSIDER is very important.

About allowing customers look into the service bay area as the techs work on the cars..............

This is precisely the reason I like Longo Lexus dealer in El Monte CA where I take my Lexus in for service. They have a very large floor to ceiling glass looking directly into the service bay area. The floor inside the service bay area are all tiled and very clean which is not your usual typical grease monkey service garage. Some years back while the tech was working on my Lexus LX470 they had broke one of the front axle or something when they were trying to work on the brakes and repack the wheel bearings. It had a permanent 4 wheel drive system. They verified that the front brakes were original factory and no one had touched or serviced it before (one can tell after removal). They went ahead and put on the new axle (or whatever part they had damaged which was around one grand. And the SUV was way out of warranty) WITHOUT additional charges. I guess things could have gone much worse, but they were honest about it and went ahead and made it all good.

Yup call me crazy but i think Mb Dealerships need a new Design. Ok we all go the dealer to have our cars serviced sooner or later. them Mb Dealers got a fancy showroom to lure us in to buy the new Mb. We got Cafe Bars fancy looking girls in High heels asking us if we need a refill or if we can get you anything else. But Oh Boy if i have to bring my Mb into the Dealer and it does not happen very often since i got an 99 R 170 we have to drive into this dark hole with big Letters called Service. A friendly Service Tech stands on the Frontline taking my complains and worries i get out of the car he takes all the info like Vin and problems of my beloved Mb. Than they guide me into a waiting room just like a Hospital has free Coffee Wifi all them fancy OPtions you can get for your Mb. My a beloved Mb is gone and now i am in the Room like i am waiting for the old G/f giving birth to a Newborn. Hours go by and the Girl with the High Heels comes by and tells me Mr Berliner the Mechanic is now ready to see you. Finally i can see my Baby. Well it is about time after looking for 3 hours of Mb Chrome Stuff that i can,t afford and would not buy. I am taking my Wallet out of my back pocket and hide it in the fancy Flowerpot in the Waiting Room. I follow the girl in the High Heels to see my Mechanic. That Mechanic looks like a Doctor fancy $ 9.00 Glove to work on my Baby Mask so i can,t i.d him when he screws up and i have to bring the car back again. LOL. Well kids long story short if Mb would focus more/ spent more $$$ on an open well lid Service Bay/ let the Customer watch what they do to the cars they might would have more repeat business. Yes i understand there a Insurance issue not allowing the masses in the Bays. I have a friend for more than 20 years working at the Dealership He try to tell the Owner look open up the Service and you get Customers buying a new Mb. Why Mb Owners are loyal to a Dealer if they get the right Service. Most of the Owners that bring a car back for Service want too know whats going on behind them walls. Them cars are between 9 and 11 years old. What a great way to show them whats new at Mb. Well Guys not to be a pain in the ass for the post but before i buy a new Ride i check out the Service Bay call me crazy that is just the way i roll. I have no problem spending $ 29.00 bucks on an Airfilter that i can buy across the Street for $ 14.00 we all need to make a living. But if my 11 year old r170 gets they same treatment at my local Mb Dealer like a new R172. I am a customer for Life. On a personal note before you Guys laugh up a Storm and go like silly Berliner. Let me tell you if you can find the time to make a friend at the Mb Dealer you might be surprised how quick you get a Phone call about your Mb. Like Recalls an inside number from the Dm to resolve your Mb problem. It is not how loud you scream at the Dealer it is about that Insider at the Dealership that really can resolve your Mb problem.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Out here in the middle of the Pacific, the dealership (Fletcher Jones MB) has a few cameras in the shop that you can watch in the waiting area, they also give you the option of a loaner (C300) if they expect to have your car for more than 3 hours.
I always take the loaner and see how many miles I can put on it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, I used to driven Toyota, but recently I decided to buy less reasonably car, so I bought MB. Formerly (in Toyota service centre) I have been able to watch what the service men do and how they fix my car. In MB service centres are no glass wall that lets as able to watch indeed, but... Do we really need it? I don't... obviously, if I'm getting annoyed because of extending time of repair, I'd like to look - what's happened, but it's not necessary. Still I can ask a guy on a desk.
I'm not a MB customer for a long time, but for now, I like them service. Before I have bought my SLK, I had driven to a MB service to check all critical things, legality and others. They have done it in 2-3 hours, I have got detailed report, I've paid a half of normal price because of promotion (I paid 50 euro for 3 hous!) and finally, I've got some gadget to my car for free. The guy on the desk (who operate me) had no reason to be so nice, because he knew that I live 200km far, so I'll never came back, but... he was.
So... Please, don't complain so much... There are nice moments :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts