Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered 2009 SLK200
4,936 Posts
Can someone please recommend good brake pads that produce the least or no brake dust? Something reliable for daily drivers. I don't race so high performance is not important. I'm tired of seeing so much brake dust on my wheels even with frequent cleaning. #overit :|

Are these pads good with minimum dust?

https://www.autoanything.com/brakes/ebc-red-stuff-brake-pads
After each drive i use high compression air line to blow off any dust residue quick easy and helps on any build up .

·
Premium Member 2010 SLK300
133 Posts
I upgraded my brakes to the sport brakes, see here

I purchased rotors and pads made by Brembo and can say am happy with the results, dust is minimal.

I purchase from FCPEuro and they have a lifetime purchase warranty so if you ever need to replace something you have bought from them, you just buy it again and apply for their credit by returning the old items.

·
Registered 05 SLK55 & 06 Kleemann 55K S8
878 Posts
Akebono pads are usually very good for dust. I have had them on my BMW and liked them a lot and I have seen others recommend them here. I agree that stock front pads put out way too much dust, I am about ready to change also.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Akebono pads

I install these Akebono pads about one year after I got my 2012. Little or not dust. Took longer to jack up the vehicle than to change them out. Advance Auto and CarQuest have them.

·
Super Moderator UK 2002 SLK320 Blue
2,759 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts