Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

tadah!

i just picked up my SLK55

if anyone is thinking about trading in your slk300/350 for slk55, dont hesitate, just do it

it is fast, like, real fast. it gets scary when u feel that pull after the 2nd gear

i can step on the gas in slk350 all day, but slk55, i cant step on it for too long

o also, holy ****, brake is so good! it feels like a super glue!

i havent had a time to drive around cuz i was so hungry, but i will take it for a spin tomorrow

:burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout:

awesome thing is that, it has super low mileage, and i got super awesome deal on it

it's just lovely

i can finally have the privilege of having an ///AMG mark :Beer:

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
I'll be the first to congratulate you on your new AMG. What a tease, where is the pics, one isn't enough.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys!

i was so hungry and it was so late, so i had to get something to eat

im gonna take a lot of pic on saturday and post it! :):):):)

i seriously cant stop smiling

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,722 Posts
Hi Razr-01

Welcome to the 55 club , Yea 2 1/2 years of owning & im still smiling .You just can not beat a V8 , So let see long you can last until your talking about a X-pipe .

I will guess 3 months so will be Aug 2013 :burnout:

Cheers

Andy

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,246 Posts
Congrats!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
1,295 Posts
Congratulations on your new car..I can feel your joy from here!

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Congratulations!!!
What model year is it?

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,103 Posts
Congratulations! How could you even think of dinner after that?! Can't wait for pics!!!

·
94,246 Posts
and I get to say:

Please update your vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information if you haven’t already.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘vehicle’.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
I totally understand how you are feelin, I still feel like it after two months, just awesome!

I agree with Andy, you gotta get an X Pipe you'll be sooo pleased you do :)

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Congrats!
Now start a savings account for wheels, brakes, and tires!

·
94,246 Posts
Looks like mine!!! Black is beautiful!

update what year in your profile please

bet u it is a 2009!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thx u guys, i am really really enjoying slk55 :)

this is 09, and the awesome part is that it only has 15k miles on it.

plus, the dealer really gave me a good deal. i was a returning customer + my salesman was real chill

i love the amg bucket seat. it is definitely different from standard slk350 bucket seat. it feels more comforting in terms of racing aspect.

navi system aint so bad, it also has video menu, i havent tried it. does it play dvd or something??

only problem i have with slk55 is that the launch kinda sucks. it picks up speed kinda slowly from 0-30mph ish.

while driving, it picks up speed instantly with crazy torque, but from 0 mph, it aint that fast compare to other cars with launch control. (it is still fast compare to other cars)

i also get a lot of wheel spin, i guess i need LSD to improve my 0-60.

i heard kleemann ecu makes the throttle response more quicker, what does that mean exactly? car is already NA, it gives faster throttle response than what it is?

·
94,246 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts