Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I got my car back from the shop, my idle has been rough. Fuel consumption was alright, and my mas sensor keep getting contaminated by motor oil on my SLK230K. I found out the mechanic forgot to install the PCV valve back after the head gasket install. Long story short, I bought new PCV from Mercedes of Marin and installed it with new tubes in 5 minutes LOL.

No need to remove the intake manifold, just slip your right hand & arm underneath the intake manifold and plug the PCV on the "Big bottom hose" first, then plug the little hose to the left nipple closer to the front of the car on the head, then plug the other little hose on the right nipple closer to the driver side of the head and problem solved. I spent only $23 for the OEM-PCV valve & $1.79 for the small hose that tees off the PCV. Good thing I caught it early whoo!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So now to find a different mechanic right?

Nice write up btw
Thanks! I would post some pictures, but it's pretty self explanatory. I should have done the job to begin with, I just didn't have the time and garage. Wrenchworks did such a good job on my Miata, but I guess they are not used to European cars. I'm just glad I caught it soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.