Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a car, and I bought.

it lacks air scarf and heated seats, but thanks to Dan, that's not going to be a problem.

Just need to sort that out.

Black 350 manual - I knew it was right.

12k miles. 4 years old.

As an added bonus, none of which were disclosed in the advert, it has folding mirrors, parktronic and 17inch AMG 5 spokes which are unmarked.

Waiting in the wings, I have an AMG bodykit from a genuine 55 AMG rather than the AMG kit from mercedes, add to that another ntg2.5 comand install, 18inch amg 16 spokes (my favourite wheels), smart top, and probably an AMG style exhaust since the standard one will look odd behind the bumper, oh and digital climate control!

Am very pleased, though I'll be happier once the airscarf and heated seats are working.

·
Registered
914 Posts
As I have already said in the pm,

:rb:rb:rbCongratulations:rb:rb:rb

I wish I was as confident as you with modifying my car, :hail:

I am sh*t scared to mess with working of my car in case I mess up big time and make a right :butt: of things?

·
Thread Hijacker
2,798 Posts
Hurrah! Congratulations. Glad you'll be here with us for awhile longer now!

BTW, photos are mandatory, you know...

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll sort photos when I have them.

Norm, it's just a car!

The can bus thing scares me a little. The whole technology of the car is beautifully engineered, but the bits I don't understand I will certainly leave to Dan, such as the air scarf.

As for retrofitting comand, I learned how to do that already thanks to UK-C200, so that's gonna be one of the first, along with the smart top.

Wheels and bodykit are easy.

It's going to be fun hybridising two seats! One has airscarf and heating, the other has electric operation and memory. Dan says it's not a problem, but we'll see!

I plan to do photos every step of the way.

AMG bodykit is going to make the biggest difference, and once the bonnet vent things are on, aside from the brakes, externally it should be indistinguishable from a 55 amg, except it will have the right type of gearbox!

Am so pleased.

I think only you people on here will appreciate turning up to buy a car, successfully knocking £2k of the sticker price and then finding out it has folding mirrors and parktronic, mods which you planned to instal at a cost of over £1k!!!

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't mean it's cheap, I just mean that a little tinkering with the odd bit here and there that are designed to be removed is not going to do any damage and certainly not going to cripple its value!

·
Registered
914 Posts
I don't mean it's cheap, I just mean that a little tinkering with the odd bit here and there that are designed to be removed is not going to do any damage and certainly not going to cripple its value!
I understand that.....I managed to remove the glovebox to check if it had the CD Changer wiring (Woo Hoo!!!) but it didnt and thats where I got stuck, I can remove and re-fit bits but its the wiring that i am not confident with.
I cant afford to be without my car coz its my daily driver so whatever I do, needs to be put back together each day to use.

But I have my smart top and with a bit of guidance from Wooley I am sure I (he :biglaugh:) can install it without to many dramas?

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Smart top is quite easy, although UK cars need a decent power connection to come from the light switch.

As for the wiring, I'll see if I can find something that might help you. My car comes with the cd multiplay too, and if it's obvious how to remove the cabling, I'll pull it out for you.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Smart top is quite easy, although UK cars need a decent power connection to come from the light switch.

As for the wiring, I'll see if I can find something that might help you. My car comes with the cd multiplay too, and if it's obvious how to remove the cabling, I'll pull it out for you.
Dan was going to talk me through the CDC but I need the MOST and power cable (I think) to install it and advice in removing the A20 head unit.

any bits, or just advice would be greatfully accepted.:rockon:

Cheers,

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
should finding out it has had two owners and not one put me off?

I don't think so.

Especially given that it has things I didn't expect it to have!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS Adam!!!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,657 Posts
congrats, now please change your 'vehicle' in your profile!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts

·
Registered 2007 SLK200
820 Posts
Congrats!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.