Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks;

Well I finally have my SLK home!

I picked up my new to me 2005 SLK350 at the Ogdensburg border on Thursday and brought her home to live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

I purchased the car from Mercedes Benz of Rochester Michigan and I could not be happier with my sales person and the overall transaction in general. They were first rate from start to finish, the car was exactly as they described, and I can highly recommend them. I can also recommend Posey Logistics that did the transport of trhe car from Michigan to the border at Ogdensburg. The equipment they use and the care that the driver took with the car was excellent.

The SLK is a 2005 launch model in Pewter Silver and Java Nappa leather with only 18000 miles on the odometer. While it only has the standard Audio 20 sound system (fine with us), it does have most of the other options and even has the AMG Performance sport suspension. It really is a stunning color combination and the car runs perfectly!

Anyway, just thought I would pass this along to my fellow SLK world friends, and even though you have seen pictures a million times, I am still including a couple!!

All the best!
Eric

P.S. Big thanks to Der Flieger for helping me though the import process and encouraging me to look south of the border in the first place... In the end I found the perfect car for us!

Attachments

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:Congratulations from Virginia USA. I love new SLK owner enthusiasm. Enjoy yours.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,379 Posts
Congrats! Now please update your profile!! LOL!!!!!!!!! I couldn't wait to say that!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Congrats from Hawaii:usa:

I love my 05' I think Ill wear it out :burnout:

:burnout:Time to take a moonlite drive with the top down :burnout:

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Congratulations!!! It reminds me of my first SLK, the 280 R171 -- same colour combination.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase, I see a nice 911 in there as well. :tu:

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Cath and I were privileged with a visit by Eric. It looks even nicer in person. You got a great car there! What isn't (very) evident in the fotos - the mirrors are a very subtle satin/aluminium. Unique.
I stole a few snaps, but will send them to Eric for his "chop".

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate it! I had the car on my lift and took a close look underneath, and it looks like this thing may not even have seen much rain (if at all). Its pretty clean even underneath (but not so much that it looks like it was washed recently)

YNOT - Yep that's my 993RS -I noticed your really sweet 997 as well... very tastefully done up!! :)

Cheers!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.