Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't know what's wrong with my Windrestrictor. UPDATE: Issue has been handled. :)

First off, I absolutely love my windrestrictor.

It's plugged in via my adapter in the center console. I was using the remote to dim the light down and all of a sudden the windrestrictor just turned off completely. I thought it was just that I had dimmed it down all the way and I tried turning it back up/pushing the power button...etc and it wouldn't light up.

So I pulled over and checked the box the wires are connected to (I guess the dimmer) and it was fine. I unplugged the adapter and replugged it back in and it turned back on a lowly lit setting. Yay...then I tried using the remote to make the light brighter, and realized that the remote still blinks red when I push buttons on it but it is no longer actually controlling the windrestrictor.

I'm sad because I miss my brightly lit beautiful windrestrictor. :sad:

Is there something obvious I'm missing here?

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,596 Posts
Have you emailed windrestrictor? I will move your post to that section

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. It just happened so, no. I figure it's just a weird glitch but I know nothing about this stuff so I thought maybe I was missing something major because I have no idea what I'm doing.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,596 Posts
you seemed to have troubleshot ok.

pm or email windrestrictor or Stephen or Paul might check in.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Low battery in remote?

·
Vendor
3,780 Posts
Toria first off I'm very sorry you had this problem. It would be hard to troubleshoot exactly what was happening on this forum. Please, give us a call. 972.487.5987 Again, very sorry about the inconvenience .

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much Paul. I just called and as always the team was very helpful.

New dimmer module is being mailed to me and I'm sure it will solve the issue at hand - they also offered to mail priority so that I will have it in time for an event.

You guys are the best! Thanks again! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts