Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wore a Mercedes logo baseball cap when attending a car show & whilst admiring the cars displayed.
Don't know why I did it either as I carry an assortment of headgear in the car, the best being a smart flat cap that's very 1950's old git old hat (pun intended). In general I NEVER wear logo clothes or 'T' shirts with silly messages as prefer to remain mysterious enigmatic & live in fear others might think I'm bragging.
It gets worse..............
it was not a proper Mercedes one either but a e10 jobby picked up in a street market in some sort of grim Benidorm type Spanish resort.

Have made appointment with lifestyle counsellor but fear the arrival of men in white coats is inevitable. :wink:

ps I did feel better when I spotted one of those new bulky banana shape Mercedes saloons & the senior male owner placing an AMG Lounge cap prominently on the top of the dashboard for all to see - now that IS tragic.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
26,078 Posts
ps I did feel better when I spotted one of those new bulky banana shape Mercedes saloons & the senior male owner placing an AMG Lounge cap prominently on the top of the dashboard for all to see - now that IS tragic.
Absolutely tragic.

Owner and car should be in matching attire.

(I wonder if the car was a copy?)

·
Banned
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Absolutely tragic.

Owner and car should be in matching attire.

(I wonder if the car was a copy?)

Mmm not quite matching. The AMG in question did seem proper & very new & parked next to what might have been a duplicate but without cap. Both owners did seem to know each other & both cars left in convoy. Rather sweet to watch actually.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,048 Posts
I don't understand the humor here. I wear my AMG Lounge cap when I take either of my AMGs to car meets? Am I doing something wrong? Isn't it the same thing as wearing a team cap to a baseball game?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts