Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm a new user and could really use the expertise of someone with wiring and electrical knowledge.
My car: 2001 SLK 230
I began the angel eyes projector mod, splice the cables for the round angel eyes circles off the parking light.
Driver side was functional, but as I moved to the passenger side headlight, as I was splicing the Hot/positive cable the other end of the cable touched the bare fender and I believe it shorted out something. Possibly a fuse a relay a switch or something, because now the passenger side parking or the front blinker /parking light won't come ON. The driver side does but the passenger side doesn't after the short.
The main headlight still works, the problem is with the front parking and rear parking light passenger's side.

Note: Both blinker lights from the mirrors are working fine, driver and passenger side.

I read as much as I could tried looking for the fuses on the right hand side of the engine, and did not see any blown fuse. I tried uncovering the cover on the left/passenger side box and checked those fuses and it seemed fine. I also swapped the bulbs to make sure it wasn't blown light bulbs for both fender side bulb and front parking/blinker.

I already tried using the emergency button and at this point the lights do work, both front and rear parking lights blink, but as soon as I disable the emergency it stops working again. I also tried disconnecting the battery terminal for a while hoping that would reset everything.

I tried to look for the turn signal relay but I do not know the physical location. If someone can give me some clarification and guidance of where it's located if this could be the issue, and how to test it.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Jay
Orlando-Florida

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,434 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Sergeant-at-Arms

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK230K
17,144 Posts
Welcome from New Hampshire, did you check the fuse box on the left side of the dash? I’m sure you know this now but I would disconnect the battery when you do anything electrical on these cars.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I fixed the problem, it was a fuse on the leftvside of the dash. I never would've guessed there was another fuse box on the side. Thank you for your input and help

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan..... Hope you get your problem resolved!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts