Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after all the umming and ahhing I decided to let myself be fleeced and have put a deposit on a mystic blue SLK55... actually that's not entirely fair. I was convinced that the price being asked was too high (and yes it probably was) but then I tried to get the dealer to sweeten the deal a little....

Me - "I know you're not going to drop the price any further but could you get an x-pipe put on included in that price?"
Dealer - "errrr.... well it's already got an x-pipe"
Me - "oh, well that's good"
Dealer - "yes, and headers, oh & Bilsteins too"
Me - "hmmmm sounding even better, it's got the Quiafe diff too if I remember correctly?"
Dealer - "yes, it has been quite well set-up...."

buggerit I'll have to buy the damn thing now - this money is burning a hole!

well this really has perked my little ears up at this point, I was considering an x-pipe anyway so that's £300ish I don't have to spend. IIRC headers are not a cheap item to buy/fit so that's quite cool (and something I'd not have done myself) and then the (spare) standard manifolds and standard suspension is included in the price and suddenly it's not looking quite as expensive as I'd feared....

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,568 Posts
Congrats! you need to stay away from my threads on ECU tune and Supercharger and other mods (see my albums) :D

oh wait, r172? no supercharger for you, at least, not yet by Kleemann

·
Registered 2009 SLK200
5,049 Posts
well after all the umming and ahhing I decided to let myself be fleeced and have put a deposit on a mystic blue SLK55... actually that's not entirely fair. I was convinced that the price being asked was too high (and yes it probably was) but then I tried to get the dealer to sweeten the deal a little....

Me - "I know you're not going to drop the price any further but could you get an x-pipe put on included in that price?"
Dealer - "errrr.... well it's already got an x-pipe"
Me - "oh, well that's good"
Dealer - "yes, and headers, oh & Bilsteins too"
Me - "hmmmm sounding even better, it's got the Quiafe diff too if I remember correctly?"
Dealer - "yes, it has been quite well set-up...."

buggerit I'll have to buy the damn thing now - this money is burning a hole!

well this really has perked my little ears up at this point, I was considering an x-pipe anyway so that's £300ish I don't have to spend. IIRC headers are not a cheap item to buy/fit so that's quite cool (and something I'd not have done myself) and then the (spare) standard manifolds and standard suspension is included in the price and suddenly it's not looking quite as expensive as I'd feared....

I think just before you sign on the dotted line you should have a look that it deff has all them mods done
Just to be on the safe side .

But congrats :)

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
27,368 Posts
collect this weekend - should be an entertaining drive back (not too entertaining - Mrs W is driving me up there in her SLK)
Congrats!
You bought a coat hanger!

I keep saying 'you park one SLK outside and sooner or later there'll be two. Just like coathangers'.

His n Hers SLKs, that's the way to go!

·
Registered 2009 SLK200
5,049 Posts
Congrats!
You bought a coat hanger!

I keep saying 'you park one SLK outside and sooner or later there'll be two. Just like coathangers'.

His n Hers SLKs, that's the way to go!
Some sales people will tell you that it has a fridge in the boot for you to sign on the dotted line ....... :grin:

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG; 2000 SLK320
210 Posts
Nice one waylander. If you are as happy with yours as I am happy with mine, then you will be as happy as me (I think) :|:smile::wink: Start exercising your facial muscles now so that you will be able to cope with the constant grin :grin:

·
96,568 Posts
What year if I missed it? cause then my r172 sc post does not apply

·
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What year if I missed it? cause then my r172 sc post does not apply

september 05 car... I'm safe WRT to supercharging as I've got no more money left to play with - mrs W is thinking of selling her SLK and the most sensible, in my eyes, suggestion has been to replace it with a MY13/14 C250 coupe (mind you there are other more 'sensible trousers' options she's toying with too :crying:)

·
Registered 2009 SLK200
5,049 Posts
september 05 car... I'm safe WRT to supercharging as I've got no more money left to play with - mrs W is thinking of selling her SLK and the most sensible, in my eyes, suggestion has been to replace it with a MY13/14 C250 coupe (mind you there are other more 'sensible trousers' options she's toying with too :crying:)
Soooooooooo wheres the photo of the old girl ? :smile:

·
Registered 2002 SLK32 AMG
233 Posts
Congrats Waylander! I've been following your threads, I was wondering if you were going to go for the Mystic 55 or not, it looked like a nice one and had good modifications to boot!

Edit: I'm actually looking for the perfect R171 SLK55 myself at the moment to keep me from piling crazy miles on my SLK32. Color has to be silver though, I guess I'm going for the trifecta :grin:

·
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So it is the Snippersgate one! :smile: About time it found a buyer.

It's funny how those looking for a 55 AMG know every one for sale intimately.

lol ain't that the truth!!

Congrats Waylander! I've been following your threads, I was wondering if you were going to go for the Mystic 55 or not, it looked like a nice one and had good modifications to boot!

Edit: I'm actually looking for the perfect R171 SLK55 myself at the moment to keep me from piling crazy miles on my SLK32. Color has to be silver though, I guess I'm going for the trifecta :grin:

truth be told you could quite easily argue that I've paid too much (especially as they've had it quite a while) - that being said looking at what else is out there and with the 'options' added (as well as the colour) it did seem to be not as OTT as I first thought

·
96,568 Posts

Check Floriduh!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.