Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a thread a week or two ago, with someone asking "I wonder how many of my vehicle were made in my year" etc. And we posted some wiki facts etc. But it got me thinking, so I sent MBUSA an email. And this was their classic response. I thought you could use a chuckle this morning.

[email protected]
9:12 AM (12 minutes ago)

to me
Dear Ms. xxxx,

Thank you for your email.

We regret to inform that the information you are seeking is unavailable.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us, and we wish you many pleasant and safe miles in your Mercedes-Benz.

Sincerely,

Randy B.
Case Manager
Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,487 Posts

·
98,487 Posts
sounds like a lazy copout by Randy

·
98,487 Posts
I think that's it MaryKay

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
I've been occasionally checking in on BestSellingCarsBlog for a few months now. Found the site when I started to explore MBZ and SLKs last December. The guy that runs it -- Matt -- seems to have a bunch of sources providing him with the data around the globe. The data on the site is extensive, but is not organized to easily find a specific model across years. Anyway, here's what I extracted from a bunch of searching for only the US and UK in 2011/12. I'll leave it to others to find more tidbits or previous years as they desire. The "rank" info is of all vehicles from all mfgrs sold in that country, i.e. what I'd call a "popularity ranking".

Mercedes-Benz SLK Sales
UK FY2011 - 3,548 (rank #111)
UK FY2012 - 6,668 (rank #75)

US FY2011 - 3,220 (rank #224)
US FY2012 - 4,595 (rank #228)

...and as a tickler, US 2013 Sales January-April was 1,585

I found it so interesting the relative numbers of SLKs and comparative popularity ranking of UK compared to the US. It's part of the reason why I was very happy to find this forum and all the UK folks chiming in. :hail: You are the SLK guys!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts