Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, I am at an off-site location (near Tampa Airport) for microsoft office 2007 training. You know I always pick a great spot so no one can ding me. 7th floor of an 8 floor parking garage. Heck, when I park at Wal-Mart, I have to take a bus to their front door!

Attachments

·
Thread Hijacker
2,798 Posts
I dunno. You look like you parked a little too close to those green doors to me. Someone could open one of them and...

·
96,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
funny you said that. yesterday, i did park too close and had to move her a little bit more away from the electricians doors!!!!

great minds think alike!

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
I find that I can park as far away from other cars as I can, and then someone parks right next to me!!

This seems to happen in either car, not just the SLK. Must be some sort of wierd human behaviour thingy... So far the SLK has escaped car-park dings, but I guess it's just a matter of time. I know I won't be happy when it happens.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I feel that I try and get one way out and at the end so I can get real close to the curb and leave lots of room in case someone does park next to me. Good thing our cars are small.. So far so good.. On another note how about speed bumps. I take em so slow drivers behind me, I can tell are saying speed up.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Hey all, I am at an off-site location (near Tampa Airport) for microsoft office 2007 training. You know I always pick a great spot so no one can ding me. 7th floor of an 8 floor parking garage. Heck, when I park at Wal-Mart, I have to take a bus to their front door!
That building looks deserted.. Better make sure it's not planned for demolition while your away training.... We don't get trained on much.. My ability in office had gotten much less grudually from when I was at uni..

·
96,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that garage is at training site! and first 5 floors are packed.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
1,365 Posts
I also park as far away from other people as I can BUT you have to be carefull that it not too far and thus becomes a target for thieves to steal or break into it.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Same here. Walmart is horrible! I had runaway shopping carts ram the hell out of my bimmer on two separate occasions! I had matching door dings on drivers front and rear doors. Huge dents from those suckers. By the way, both times I parked far away from everyone. Had I parked next to another car, the carts would have hit their car. Walmart management said "tough shhh, here's the number to our corporate office, blah blah blah" both times. So I now refuse to shop at Walmart! I think it's been about 2 years now and I'm dent free :burnout:

Nice parking job though :tu:

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
Walmart is horrible! I had runaway shopping carts ram the hell out of my bimmer on two separate occasions! I had matching door dings on drivers front and rear doors. Huge dents from those suckers. By the way, both times I parked far away from everyone. Had I parked next to another car, the carts would have hit their car. Walmart management said "tough shhh, here's the number to our corporate office, blah blah blah" both times. So I now refuse to shop at Walmart! I think it's been about 2 years now and I'm dent free :burnout:

Nice parking job though :tu:
:confused:I feel your pain, but the same could happen anywhere. Is Wal*Mart really responsible for your vehicle damage? I had a similar incident several years ago at a Sam's Club when I parked away from other cars, next to a shopping cart return in the parking lot. Apparantely someone took their shopping cart and pushed it towards the return and it hit my Honda CRX. Uncalled for, but I couldn't blame Sam's Club. I learned to park away from those shopping cart returns.

·
96,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lonch? you people in florida talk funny!!!!

·
96,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ah, Rick fixed it!!!! lol!!! i from noo yawk myself. too thurty thurd and thurd avenoooo!

·
Registered
297 Posts
I understand you very well and I do the same :)

But be carefull not to park in a place where only a burglar can reach or with little ilumination.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.