Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered 2006 SLK280
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
I am a new member.
I just bought a 2006 SLK208 with a malfunctioning Vario Top. I notice the hydraulic trunk cylinders are not connect to the tubular frame. It was removed by the previous owner after closing the top manually.
Numerous attempt to re-attach them prove to be unsuccessful. It seems like they are extended, therefore too long to be re-attached to the frame locking mechanism.
How do I make them shorter? Is it by release the pump pressure and push them to the right length? or any other ways?
Any help will be greatly appreciated
Thanks

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK350
4,873 Posts
Hi everyone
I am a new member.
I just bought a 2006 SLK208 with a malfunctioning Vario Top. I notice the hydraulic trunk cylinders are not connect to the tubular frame. It was removed by the previous owner after closing the top manually.
Numerous attempt to re-attach them prove to be unsuccessful. It seems like they are extended, therefore too long to be re-attached to the frame locking mechanism.
How do I make them shorter? Is it by release the pump pressure and push them to the right length? or any other ways?
Any help will be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Had the same problem, in the end, I use a pipe about 1.5m to push them down(just hammer one side to fit the head of the cylinder.
Make sure the pressure valve is open and go inside the boot and press on them with the whole body, don't forget the clips after you attached them back.

·
Registered 2006 SLK280
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks i860
Another question:
Can the top be open manually without re-attaching the cylinders in the trunk?
If so, what is the procedure?
regards,

·
Registered 2006 SLK280
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks i860
Another question:
Can the top be open manually without re-attaching the cylinders in the trunk?
If so, what is the procedure?
regards,
Hello i860
How did you manage to put them back both?
because every time I attached one the other pushed out and it is very hard to push back in in order to be attached to the tubular frame.
Any suggestions?
Note: the pump bleeding valve is fully open
Thanks

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK350
4,873 Posts
Had the same problem, in the end, I use a pipe about 1.5m to push them down(just hammer one side to fit the head of the cylinder.
Make sure the pressure valve is open and go inside the boot and press on them with the whole body, don't forget the clips after you attached them back.
like this

1 - 7 of 7 Posts