Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've combed the internet quite a bit to try and find the answer to this and haven't had any luck...I did the dreaded drop-the-bolt-into-the-abyss! :(

Does anybody know what size/type the bolt and washer are, and if they're rare or uncommon sizes, where they can be purchased? Information would be greatly appreciated!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,409 Posts
Paul,

Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information if you haven’t already.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’.

We’d like you to post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response and only once. Be patient and a knowledgeable member will address your question.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same,image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a datacard (options on your car) free. http://www.slkworld.com/vehicle-data-card/67706-how-request-datacard-free-us.html
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: http://www.slkworld.com/rotm-submissions-voting/

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
A bolt? I'd just go to the stealership for something like that. Can't be more than a few bucks.....or a few bucks more. Saves time looking it up anyway.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Hey guys,

I've combed the internet quite a bit to try and find the answer to this and haven't had any luck...I did the dreaded drop-the-bolt-into-the-abyss! :(

Does anybody know what size/type the bolt and washer are, and if they're rare or uncommon sizes, where they can be purchased? Information would be greatly appreciated!
Sorry to hear that. The problem is that parts catalog doesn't list this item so nobody can find it =(

·
Registered
393 Posts
Washer - C o p per (type)
OD = .553" _ 14.0mm
ID = .410" _ 10.5mm
Thk= .029" _ 0.75mm

Plug - Stainless or Cad-coated?
Tall = .443" _ 11.25mm
Head OD = .545" _ 13.85mm
Head Thk= .126" _ 3.2mm

Thread = 10mm either 1.25 or 1.00 pitch (I think 1.00, but can't verify. (Poor pitch gauge.))
Thread length = .210 _ 5.3mm (Note the relieved cone between the thread and head)

Hex = 5mm (Wrench size.)

Looks like a specialty plug. (I'd second the Top Hydraulics call.)

Hope that helps. (Copper LOL)

:Beer:

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you so much for the replies, guys!

I called the stealership while standing in the Walmart hardware aisle hoping they'd either carry the parts or know which size, but the guy just told me that I could buy the entire pump unit...yeah no!

I'll contact TopHydraulics and see if maybe they have one laying around...if not, I'll call around to various junk yards and see if maybe someone smashed an SLK recently and they'll sell me the bolt.

Thanks again for all of the help and quick replies! This site is awesome and has been extremely helpful in my restoration endeavor so far!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.