Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been researching this symptom. Apparently, this happens from a lack of retracting the roof. I have been told that the roof needs to be retracted frequently to avoid this problem. Has anyone had this problem? What is the cause? Lastly, a guesstimate for cost of repair? Thanks. This is the last thing this car needs since I purchased it at the end of June 2015. I have spent about $5200.00 to get the essentials fixed. For a 2007, it only had 35800 miles; but I was surprised at how many essential things needed to be done. Thanks for your comments.

·
*Premium Member
2006 SLK55 AMG
415 Posts
I have been told by a MB service manager that not exercising the systems on the car is the main cause of many of the roof and air conditioning issues. I try to cycle my roof at least once every two weeks in the winter and I also run the A/C whenever the outside temperature is above 45 deg. F.

Low mileage on an older car is fine, but it may have also not been run for extended periods of time which can lead to seals in some of the systems going bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.