Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all my car is making a humming type noise once i getpassed 30mph from the front end it doesn't get any worse as I speed up to 60mph in a strait line, however, what I noticed is if I turn the steering wheeljust a tad to the right the noise stops but when i turn it to the left it'sstill there. The noise is rotary innature so I belief it's the wheel bearing or bearing starting to go. So I'm looking for second opinion. Thanks
:frown:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,509 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I did do a search and read the one about front end noise but it not quite what I have so that's why I asked the question on the site.

Thanks. :wink:

The power steering fluid is fine. Thanks to input. :tu:

·
Registered 1997 SLK230
271 Posts
I have had this on several cars including my R170 230. In every case it has been a wheel bearing. The fact it stops when you steer right would confirm to me that your front left wheel bearing is probanly the cause.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered 1997 SLK230
271 Posts
Snap! Twas the same one on my 230. The fronts are a piece of cake to change compared to the rears so did them both. Gave me the opportunity to take off the brake backing plate, de-rust it and give it a lick of paint. Another little job ticked off...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
28,798 Posts
Thanks for reporting back.

Helps the next person searching to see a successful solution :tu:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.