Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://big.socaleuro.com/
over 600 Euros are signed up, expecting something like 200 MBs.

Anyone can make it? I'll be there with my car, it's only 90% done, but i don't want to miss this event!

Come check out my car too, i promise you'll be amazed! Hopefully we can get some SLKs parked together? SLKs usually have a pretty weak showing at these events.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Cyber, have you been to one of these before? Anyone else interested? Do we need to register?

I may go if there's enough participants from here. There's also a meeting spot in Irvine Spectrum in the above link.

http://big.socaleuro.com/caravan.php

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've not been to this one, but the past events HAVE been great. registration is preferred, but not neccessary.

·
19,400 Posts
I registered.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I registered. I might be interested in checking this out - its a bit of a trip so I wouldn't want to go unless theres some interest to meeting up and so on. Would anyone be interested in meeting and driving down there together?

·
19,400 Posts
I registered. I might be interested in checking this out - its a bit of a trip so I wouldn't want to go unless theres some interest to meeting up and so on. Would anyone be interested in meeting and driving down there together?
If I go I'm definitely thinking about caravaning........
We can meet at the Irvine Spectrum Target parking lot G as stated in the SoCalEuro link and caravan down together with the others at 9 am

OR

We can meet at another location in Irvine, e.g., Irvine Costco at Technology at their gasoline station or other locations (if Tslick has a suggestion) nearby and caravan down at a slightly later time, like 9:30am.

What do you guys think?

Also waiting to hear from others (eg, B55, hairypet55, V8SLK, SLKGirl, Sid and other SoCal members).

·
Registered
940 Posts
Im up for whatever - id prefer to caravan down with half a dozen slks from this forum as opposed to like 20+ random cars personally, but either way works I guess.

·
Founding Member #5
170 Posts
Don't think I'll make it... too far for me. Have fun!! Take some pics!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Im up for whatever - id prefer to caravan down with half a dozen slks from this forum as opposed to like 20+ random cars personally, but either way works I guess.
we'll i believe they are expecting almost 100 cars out of Irvine, but i agree cruising with couple SLK's together is nice

·
19,400 Posts
First, when and where do we meet on Sunday (August 10) am? Do you want to meet with the other vehicles at Irvine Spectrum between 8:30-9:00 am, or meet between 9-9:30 am nearby (allows extra 30-minute sleep time :))?

Country drive sounds good as long as it's not too late in the afternoon. Perhaps we could leave a tad early from the Qualcomm stadium as needed. Do you have a route Tslick?

Might as well start a list (please add/take away to the list as needed):

1. Cyberdrakon
2. Tslick
3. Kungfudevil
4. SLKluv
5. Etyu

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Lets meet at Ford Mazda PPG parking lot (the big V shaped one off Gateway blvd). A good place to meet at 8:45 then wander over to the Spectrum. If not. 9:15-9:30 to head south.

....Country drive sounds good as long as it's not too late in the afternoon. Perhaps we could leave a tad early from the Qualcomm stadium as needed. Do you have a route Tslick?.....
If there's time, heres a few from a cast of ? (twenties that I can think of). SD County is the Mecca of twisty, canyon, mountain... goodness.

Temecula is the assumed end point

A two hour jaunt to Palomar (twisties) then Temecula

A two hour fifteen minute jaunt to Palomar (twisties) then Temecula

A two hour forty minute (sure) high speed bends through Sunrise. V8SLK, where is that food stop on this route?

Here's one I'll do one of these days... A 3.45 hour (knock .45 off that) very high speed jaunt through the Great Overland Route of 1849

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
19,400 Posts
Street view: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Mazda+HQ,+Irvine,+California&ie=UTF8&ll=33.658889,-117.747688&spn=0.005153,0.01133&t=h&z=17&layer=c&cbll=33.656745,-117.746993&panoid=sX8QHvX_kDU1h4cy1wIOig The person is standing at the entrance to parking lot (large open field). Tslick, correct me if I'm mistaken.

This is on Gateway Blvd. near Alton Pkwy (approx. address is 7931 Gateway Blvd, Irvine, CA).

8:45am, Sunday, Aug 10. Don't forget to bring your digital cameras and videocameras.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts