Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,497 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Has anyone tried the chips from Viper for enhancing HP and torque? They plug into OBDII port.

Viper Performance

i tried eurocharged and everything and all are nothing and plugs get fouled with carbon as i remark,
the best think i have noticed its an bigger air intake and cats i tried on my car , or go with sc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i tried eurocharged and everything and all are nothing and plugs get fouled with carbon as i remark,
the best think i have noticed its an bigger air intake and cats i tried on my car , or go with sc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is for the 171 05-07 that is not maxed out yet. Their reviews online are 99% positive and they say it's custom programmed for your vehicle and if you unplug everything goes back to factory. They also claim others are not genuine and will cause problems and provide the reasons for such.

Viper X2 Performance Chip Sprint Throttle Booster Programmer Module OBD +45HP - Gasoline / Petrol or Diesel

·
93,497 Posts
You can only do so much with a 350 and other 171s
My previous was a 2005 SLK 350
tune and headers is pretty much it
Kleemann did not even make a supercharger for the M272 engine
that should be a clue

the 09 was a facelifted engine and '31' engine which replaced the '30' that had the balance shaft issues

·
93,497 Posts
Thanks Tim!

I love this line:

Following all these different steps, we were confident that this tool was not doing anything apart from blinking LEDs

Conclusion

As a guy said in his Amazon comment: "Save 10 bucks, buy some fuel instead."

·
Super Moderator
11,502 Posts
Jeez, everyone's a comedian :grin: :grin: :grin:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here is a site that test all the popular ones floating around the net. Their main conclusion. They all put on a pretty light show.

Thunderbolt Performance Chips from Chipyourcar.com ? Performance Chip Reviews
This site is even more interesting. They scam most of the chips except the Volo. VP15 Volo Chip ? Performance Chip Reviews

The Volo is a similar price point to the Viper and actually looks the same along with similar claims. Do you think they missed it on this one or is it legit?

·
Super Moderator
10,152 Posts
This site is even more interesting. They scam most of the chips except the Volo. VP15 Volo Chip ? Performance Chip Reviews

The Volo is a similar price point to the Viper and actually looks the same along with similar claims. Do you think they missed it on this one or is it legit?
The only way you will find out is to either find someone that has it, or spend the 130.00 and find out yourself. I find reviews that go both ways with it.

Have you tried resetting the transmission
http://www.slkworld.com/general-discussion/70666-reset-transmission-adaptive-learning.html

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The only way you will find out is to either find someone that has it, or spend the 130.00 and find out yourself. I find reviews that go both ways with it.

Have you tried resetting the transmission
http://www.slkworld.com/general-discussion/70666-reset-transmission-adaptive-learning.html
No I have not yet?

I called the Volo company and they said the fake chips may cause problems because they use resistors and just focus on telling the engine it's cold so it pumps more fuel. It is not the correct method. Volo provides a conservative 15HP-25HP boost. Asked the review website you sent to check out Viper.

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
@Healthy
I will not bother with that power boost.
If you really want to some changes to your slk 350 go for a remap.
Had mine remap and the HP is not near to 25hp like those claims.
On dyno before and after I gain minimal hp gains but the feeling of the car changed in good.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts