Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I recently bought a S160 audio chinese unit after reading some good reviews.
My car is an SLK200 with audio 50 APS.

I started to install but I had to stop, my Audio 50 APS has (only) the following cables:

GPS Antenna
2 optical
3 for power

However this does not correspond with the harness provided by the S160.

Can anyone please give me some help or advice, I'm desperate, I may try to return it if I cannot see how to do it. I hope someone did this installation replacing a 50 APS.

I can attach pictures if someone is interested.
Thanks a lot.
Ray

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts
Have you read shelly comments in this s100 thread?:
She/he covers the S160

http://www.slkworld.com/general-mod...s100-chinese-head-unit-inspection-review.html

you could always private message Shelly after you get 3 more posts to get to 15 so you can pm.
I will pm for you and direct Shelly to your thread.

to get to 15 fast, do this:

If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM. You can always pm a moderator.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I will try to follow your advice (tomorrow, now I'm going to bed).

I asked the seller, for the moment he basically has no idea, it's this chinese guys in aliexpress... uff... I need to insist.

I will try to post as many as 15 posts next days...

Another info:

Kabeldaviko.de (From germany) , the guy, Frank, told me I may need this:

KABELDAVIKO - R171 Navileitungssatz NTG 2.5

Cheers.
R.

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts
not 15 more posts. 2 more posts to get to 15 :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi guys,

I recently bought a S160 audio chinese unit after reading some good reviews.
My car is an SLK200 with audio 50 APS.

I started to install but I had to stop, my Audio 50 APS has (only) the following cables:

GPS Antenna
2 optical
3 for power

However this does not correspond with the harness provided by the S160.

Can anyone please give me some help or advice, I'm desperate, I may try to return it if I cannot see how to do it. I hope someone did this installation replacing a 50 APS.

I can attach pictures if someone is interested.
Thanks a lot.
Ray
Hi Ray,
Thanks for contact me, i'm Shelly, i did reply your e-mail, do you get it or not? Our e-mail is [email protected]
Your car maybe have fiber optic amplifier, so the short plug you get cannot plug directly, you need to use extension cable.
I have sent you a PDF file to double confirm whether your car have fiber optic amplifier or not, but we still not get reply from your side.
If you got the e-mail and checked please kindly reply us asap, so that we can help you solve it asap. :)
Waiting for your reply.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Ray,
Thanks for contact me, i'm Shelly, i did reply your e-mail, do you get it or not? Our e-mail is [email protected]
Your car maybe have fiber optic amplifier, so the short plug you get cannot plug directly, you need to use extension cable.
I have sent you a PDF file to double confirm whether your car have fiber optic amplifier or not, but we still not get reply from your side.
If you got the e-mail and checked please kindly reply us asap, so that we can help you solve it asap. :)
Waiting for your reply.

Hey Shelly, thanks for your message, I did not see it until now. I'm a bit slow with the internet sometimes... but I will be sending you my advances via email ;) I'm gonna post some question here about how to access that amplifier in the trunk!!

Cheers.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi,

After a few months, I'm still looking for a solution but I'm pretty close, I think. These guys from germany (KABELDAVIKO - Index) may have what I need. What I need, to summarize it again:

I'm replacing the APS Audio 50 with a S160 unit. The S160 audio system has an output cable with a Quadlock connector (male pins). Which has to be connected to the speakers and antenna, found in the passenger footwell. In the passenger footwell there is originally the Audio Gateway that connects antenna, MOST (fiber optics) and speakers. This has to be removed since the fiber optics are not used anymore. Therefore the extension cable must have in one side a Quadlock (female) and antenna FM/AM (this connects to S160) and in the other extreme speakers connector and antenna FM/AM (frakra connector, blue) for the passenger footwell connectors. (MOST connector/cable is not used anymore)

If anyone else knows where to find this cable, I really appreciate. So far that german website seems to have it. So I think I will order it this week if I can't find it anywhere else and cheaper.

R.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi,

Well guys, thanks for your ideas! I finally took the cable from Frank from Kabeldaviko and install this S160.

Main steps were:

Removing APS 50
Removing AGw (in passenger footwell)
Attach extension cable and pass it to the central console from passenger footwell.
Insert the S160 unit.

The system is working now. Good sound, navigation and telephone, all ok. It looks awesome, better than I thought.

Problems:

1. Can't change the system clock, there is no communication of this unit time with the system time.
2. The MFD (display) is not showing anything about navigation or telephone.

Someone said that I need to change the cluster information of the car with star diagnostics. I think this is about to inform the car that the Audio 50 APS is not there anymore but there is another type. Any idea where to find information about this?

Thanks again.

R.

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts
there is a thread on the clock

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.