Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm new to the forum. I am looking for a few answers and some step by step instructions if possible.

I have a 2000 SLK limited edition. It came factory with the digital phone cradle. After doing some searching and with info found on Benzworld I am under the impression that the Mercedes Startac/Timeport Upgrade Kit will work on my car to enable me to use bluetooth hands free. I found a few places that still have it available. I see there is a cord, a phone puck and what looks like a board of some kind (PSE?)

If I can in fact use this kit how do I go about installing it? Setting it up...etc. Where does the board go etc? Any help would be appreciated.

Cheryl

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
US car

Hmmm...that would be great. It's what I was hoping I could do. But as I read the information on the link it said that this system was not found in USA spec cars....? I do have a cradle in the console. But it looks slightly different than the picture.

Any...other ideas? :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I did not have the original phone cradle in my present car but the one I had before that was wrecked did have it and I looked for an adapter. The only one I found was very expensive so I didn't go for it. Now I have installed a Pioneer unit that has HD radio, CD player, USB and auxiliary inputs and built in bluetooth. This is a great update that I really enjoy and the bluetooth is fantastic. I wanted to keep the car original but the cost was three times the cost of this head unit, so I went for it. Crutchfield was great in helping me get all the pieces needed and I would never go back even though it would be easy. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.