Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

I couldn't find any descriptive answers to this online, so here goes. Can anyone explain (In detail, because I'm worried I'll screw things up) how to remove and replace the ABS module connected to the ABS pump on an r170? Is it something that can be done on your own, or do I absolutely have to bring it in somewhere?

I haven't been able to get a hold of my usual mechanic and I really want this done soon...

Thanks for any and all help!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,411 Posts
moving to r170 general discussion. the diy section is for already established diys. if someone can assist, they will post

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,411 Posts
that's why they don't pay me the big $$$

·
Registered
9 Posts
it's easy

If you haven't done it yet:

1) disconnect battery
2) disconnect wire harness on the module
3) pull up on the pump/module to separate it from the car/fender well
4) remove the 4 screws holding it to the pump (I had to tweak it a bit to clear the fuse box.
5) pull the module away from the pump to disconnect it.
6) install in reverse order.

I just removed mine to fix it. I had to re-solder a transistor and now it's as good as new, no more dash lights.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a lot! I haven't done it yet, I'm going to start working on it today.

One final stupid question....I hope. Is there anything to removing the wiring harness?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Disappointing... I was able to replace the abs module.. But it didn't solve my issue. I then replaced the entire abs pump, turned my car on, and I had absolutely no brakes. So I'm putting the old one back on, and hopefully I'll have my brakes back even if I still don't have my speedometer/odometer back yet.

Thanks everyone!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.