Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please find below a picture with two parts outlined that I need to remove from the car. The upper one the clearcoat ir stating to come off the lower one is part of the bumper and has two small cracks in it (plastic) I wont to fixed and repainted over the winter months whilst the car is in storage.

I'm unsure how to get either one off the, I have an idea but want to check with you guys first.

Thanks and :Beer:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Please find below a picture with two parts outlined that I need to remove from the car. The upper one the clearcoat ir stating to come off the lower one is part of the bumper and has two small cracks in it (plastic) I wont to fixed and repainted over the winter months whilst the car is in storage.

I'm unsure how to get either one off the, I have an idea but want to check with you guys first.

Thanks and :Beer:
Can't find anything in the manual =( But as far as I know the big center bumper molding can be removed without removing the bumper. Mine also had a crack in it and was swapped when a girl scratched my bumper on a side when she was parking. Didn't see the process but I know for sure the guy didn't remove bumper to replace moldings.
As for the upper lip over the license plate should be also easy to remove. You might want to remove plastic cover from the inside of trunk to expose the area to see if there are any hidden screws.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi just came on from doing just that under the cover there's 2 8mm nuts at each end bt can see no others. The middle is still tight but I do see two screw bolts on the outside will have a look again I think they might be the once holding the middle bit.

As for the centre bumper molding I thing that that just pops out but hopefully someone will have done it and they will let me know.

Jason can you also tell me where you got the manual from? Is like the HAYNES Manual?

:Beer:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Hi just came on from doing just that under the cover there's 2 8mm nuts at each end bt can see no others. The middle is still tight but I do see two screw bolts on the outside will have a look again I think they might be the once holding the middle bit.

As for the centre bumper molding I thing that that just pops out but hopefully someone will have done it and they will let me know.

Jason can you also tell me where you got the manual from? Is like the HAYNES Manual?

I got it from Ebay. MB Workhsop manual. There's plenty of info but I couldn't find anything regarding plastic moldings on the rear bumper =(

·
Premium Member 1998 SLK230
3,516 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not what I was looking for I really don't want to take the whole bumber off just that one piece but thanks for the PDF file I'll add it to my PDF folder.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.