Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Morning All

Do any of you helpful people know how to remove the bulb above the visor??? The one that comes on when you open the vanity mirror cover??

I'm thinking that once I get the cover off it will pull out??? But how do I get the cover off????

Thanking you all in advance.

PS. Just bought a £10 radio transmitter, which I have connected to my ipod and now have all my music playing through the original Radio. Sound quality is ok, so if you're as broke as me, and can't afford to replace the whole stereo unit, get one!!! I got mine off of Amazon.:rb

·
*Registered
No SLK owned
15,267 Posts
hey Kerry,
sorry cant help with the bulb issue i'm sure someone will chime in shortly,
i was just searching fm transmitters to, been looking for a while, which one did you go for?

Sorry don't wanna hijack your thread ;)

cheers

Has

·
*DAS/STAR Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
4,038 Posts
The bulb holder just unclips ...

Move the visor out of the way, and use your finger nails or a blunt knife (taking care not to scratch the A Pillar cover) and prise the bulb holder out and down...

Simples.... no need to remove the whole A pillar cover to do this, but if you really want to there are 3 torx bolts that hold it on. Two on the fixing for the visor that pivots, and one where the other side of the visor clips in. Take these out, remove the visor AND the attached fixings - the top part of the cover can then be pulled down. In the corner where the a pillar cover meets the top of the pillar there is a single snap connector behind the cover - this can be pulled off, then allowing the whole cover to be pulled 'up' and backwards to free the bottom of it from the dash board.

The vanity light is plugged into the OCP and will need unplugging before you can then remove the a pillar cover as a whole

Sounds worse than it is... in reality it takes about a minute to remove one of the covers

Cheers
Sean

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.