Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on another forum but haven't gotten any replies. I dropped my door lock pin down into the door. Is there any special trick to loosen the bottom of the door panel so I can reach in there and get it? Or, does it just pop out like some American cars, then pop back in? I'm worried about damaging the fasteners.

Thanks,
Dr. T

·
Registered
208 Posts
It does but there is plastic film inside over panel.
Undo black metal corner cap on top of door end, pull out SRS badge on panel , remove screw behind.
Pop trim using a wooden or plastic wedge. Can use your fingers if you want.
The plastic trees "may" pull thru the panel. easy ro reglue in.

If you want to remove whole panel pull off cover over interior handle and remove screw there and door handle too.

Bazzle

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thanks for the info, Bassle. I think all I'll need to do is be able to get into the bottom of it to get out the door lock pin. Dumb thing to let it slip through like that. Oh well :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, I don't think I'd be able to do that. What happened is that, when I tried to screw the new chrome lock pin onto the the treaded shaft inside the hole, I missed getting it down over the shaft because it was sitting over at the edge of the hole. So, the lock pin passed next to it as I slid it down to screw it on and slipped on down into the hole and then fell on down into the inner area of the door. I'm guessing it's sitting down there in the bottom of the door now. In the mean time, I screwed the black plastic one back on. I tried to remove the door panel, but I'm not sure how to get the cover off the arm rest (there seems to be screws under it because that area of the door panel won't pull out after I unsnapped the bottom of it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Need a bit more info. on door panel removal

Here are some piturs. http://tinyurl.com/3ykc73
It's in german........ :( but there's not soooo much text :tu:
Schrauben = screws

Hello Gabus, I also need to take my door panle off due to my window coming off track. I followed the link that you posted. Translated to English which helped me. But I have removed all of the screw from the panel and it still wont come off. Seems to be stuck at the top of the handle, I can not see what can be holding it. Can you assist me with this? I am so close yet so far.

·
Registered 2000 SLK200K
358 Posts
no. just lift up if you removed the 3 screws already. there is a plastic part on the panel that goes in to the square hole on the door just behind the handle. (you can see it on the 3rd pic.) Lifting the panel up will free it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.