Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Founding member #7
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it equivalent when starting out to either use the lever under the dash or the button by the gear shift on the center console to release the car from Park mode? Or is it also equivalent to just put the car in drive or reverse and use the accelerator. That seems to undo the Park mode also.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,192 Posts
Just put the car in drive or reverse and use the accelerator.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Is it equivalent when starting out to either use the lever under the dash or the button by the gear shift on the center console to release the car from Park mode? Or is it also equivalent to just put the car in drive or reverse and use the accelerator. That seems to undo the Park mode also.
Ya just drop the hammer and let her rip:grin: What is SLC300R? Heard of SLC300 and SLC43 but not 300R.

·
Founding member #7
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The MSRP paper I got from the dealer said that that was the model "SLC300R". Not sure what the R part is. Maybe it is like the R172?

·
Founding member #7
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jbanks, wow you are up to over 60,000 posts. Impressive. I haven't been on here much for quite a while because I didn't have any questions and I wasn't researching anything. I guess I'll be asking a few questions what with the new SLC 300. But not as many as in the old days when the SLK 350 was my new car :) Glad to see you are still plugging away on this great site. Always appreciate your answers and advice.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,192 Posts
Yes look at you Foundimg Member number 7 :D :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
My wife always takes the brake off prior to backing out of the garage. If not there is a little jump when first starting back, not something she likes when backing out of the garage. This was something that was notice when we first got the car and have not experimented with to see if it smooths out as we put on the miles. Also she always has it set to Sport+ mode and I think that might make a difference in causing the slight jump. Something we will have to try once this Tropical storm leaves us.
As far as the SLC300 VS SLC300R issue...some of my paperwork says SLC300R and some says SLC300 Roadster. My guess is that the R is nothing more than the word Roadster shorten. I noticed on Mercedes Me it also calls it a SLC300R.

·
Registered
866 Posts
My wife always takes the brake off prior to backing out of the garage. If not there is a little jump when first starting back, not something she likes when backing out of the garage. This was something that was notice when we first got the car and have not experimented with to see if it smooths out as we put on the miles. Also she always has it set to Sport+ mode and I think that might make a difference in causing the slight jump. Something we will have to try once this Tropical storm leaves us.
As far as the SLC300 VS SLC300R issue...some of my paperwork says SLC300R and some says SLC300 Roadster. My guess is that the R is nothing more than the word Roadster shorten. I noticed on Mercedes Me it also calls it a SLC300R.
Well I see you got just the color I was looking at with all the P packages, so ya I would call it the R version :grin: Could you be so kind to post some pics of that thing man, really would like to see it in pic with that color and all and I'll issue you your first Thanks badge:smile:

·
Founding member #7
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I suspect I have a few thanks already, since I'm the 7th founding member ;-)

I'll try to take some pictures this weekend. But that red is traditionally not captured well by digital cameras.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well I see you got just the color I was looking at with all the P packages, so ya I would call it the R version :grin: Could you be so kind to post some pics of that thing man, really would like to see it in pic with that color and all and I'll issue you your first Thanks badge:smile:

Still not the best weather to get some pics...these will have to do for the time being.

http://www.slkworld.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=335170&thumb=1http://www.slkworld.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=335178&thumb=1http://www.slkworld.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=335186&thumb=1http://www.slkworld.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=335194&thumb=1http://www.slkworld.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=335202&thumb=1

Attachments

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
What's up with the name change from SLK to SLC? ... and no, I haven't been paying attention. ;-)

G
The new naming is the body type plus the platform/chassis size

So SL is the open top two seater body and SLC is the c-class sized one.

GL is the 4-wheel drive so you get GLA, GLC, GLE

It sort of works, but falls down with the top models.

·
Registered
628 Posts

Ah, I see. It's a little weird but, eh? Who knows why corporations do what they do.

Thx!
G

·
Registered
866 Posts

We have 2016 GLC 300 that is rear wheel drive only. GL is SUV but not necessarily 4wheel drive or actually "4-Matic" as they call it.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
We have 2016 GLC 300 that is rear wheel drive only. GL is SUV but not necessarily 4wheel drive or actually "4-Matic" as they call it.
They don't sell those in the UK. I know these things hardly ever actually go off-road, but surely it should have some go to back up the show? As it is, 4-Matic is mainly rear wheel drive unless you need the front wheels. I suppose if it never snows and you never go off-road RWD is fine. It will be cheaper to make and cheaper to maintain and much better for fuel economy.

I was glad of the quattro on the allroad yesterday. I was at a mountain bike race where the organisers parked about 400 cars in a wet grassy field. On a slight slope. You can imagine what the exit area ended up looking like! They did have a tractor on hand to pull cars out but the allroad (on M+S winter tyres) just drove up the hill and out.

·
Registered
866 Posts
They don't sell those in the UK. I know these things hardly ever actually go off-road, but surely it should have some go to back up the show? As it is, 4-Matic is mainly rear wheel drive unless you need the front wheels. I suppose if it never snows and you never go off-road RWD is fine. It will be cheaper to make and cheaper to maintain and much better for fuel economy.

I was glad of the quattro on the allroad yesterday. I was at a mountain bike race where the organisers parked about 400 cars in a wet grassy field. On a slight slope. You can imagine what the exit area ended up looking like! They did have a tractor on hand to pull cars out but the allroad (on M+S winter tyres) just drove up the hill and out.
Ya, we don't really do any off road driving so we opted for the rear wheel drive only version as it is definitely cheaper to maintain. Living here in the South we don't ever get any snow either, however we are thinking of moving to an area in the next few years where it snows quite often and for that I wish we had gotten the 4-matic. Oh well, we will just have a good reason too trade it in.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts