Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says i would like to know how tu modify the avatar and the signature. Thank you very much :hail:

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Hey HotPasta - sig's and avatars are set in the "User CP" section of the site. Some of the features (custom avatar?) are only available with donation or if you are a "site supporter". I'm not sure which features are available at what level, etc, maybe someone in the know can add additional details...

·
Registered
101 Posts
I used to have a custom avatar, but I never had a paid subscription here...

Now, I tried to change it, but only had the option to delete it.

I deleted it, but I'm stuck with a stock photo avatar... is the only choice I have now, unless I pay up?

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
I think the purpose is not to ask anyone to pay just so they can have a signature or custom avatar.

If you like the site and find it helpful and useful, not to mention saving time, money and effort from the members' experience and expertise (e.g., DansSLK), and the camaraderie and you decide to voluntarily support the site by getting a premium membership, then as appreciation for your support, you then have some "perks", like custom avatar, signature, signature pix, etc.

I hope the explanation is helpful.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I guess my question is: "How come I used to have a custom avatar, but I can't get one anymore?" (I have never been a paying member of this site)

Was the payment requirement a recent change?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Sorry but this was changed to control cost,..

no probs, i'm on a number of car forums, and had to subscribe to one of them, because i really enjoy posting there, and needed the extra space to post photos and such.

i'll do the same here if I reach the limitations of my free account. :)

·
Registered 2005 SLK 350
413 Posts
This is such a great site and I have learned so much about my car. More than I have ever imagined! I myself and debating on which type of donation I would like!!! I definitely wouldn't mind supporting this site!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.