1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
330 Posts
Yeah I've followed his adventures with his two C63s AMGs. Too much hardware goes with that washing system. I have a better system I use with my BMW135i. I have an RFID tag in the lower left corner of my windshield. I drive straight into the car wash just pausing for a moment for my tag to be read. Two minutes later clean BMW!

But, I hand wash my SLK. It is the easiest car in the world to wash and takes no time at all. Plus it's an emotional bonding experience.

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
call that car dirty?

I know dirtier jokes than that.
Not knocking his obvious enthusiasm, but I could do all that with my jet wash and a old hairdryer set on cool and a bit of duct tape and imagination and repurposing.

it's off to Scrubby Bubbles for me, I hear " Sugar" in my head.>:D

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
That "Master Blaster" would be handy in our hard water area.....
....hence why I try & wait for a rainy day to wash our cars....!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Washing in the snow

Link to one of my videos of washing the GLS550. Wish I could make this faster but 3-4 hours is a normal wash for me (1 hour on wheels). Oh well, nice and relaxing for me, way to not have to think too much.

For those asking, yes, the Master Blaster Air Force is worth the money for touchless drying. I use a Kranzel 1122 for wash with couple wands and foam cannon to minimize the dirt/debris on car at point I'm touching.

The process I use on GLS is same for SLK300, that too is about a 3h wash/dry.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
That "Master Blaster" would be handy in our hard water area.....
....hence why I try & wait for a rainy day to wash our cars....!!!
My neighbours probably think I'm mad but whenever my car is a bit dirty and it rains, I take it out of the garage for a "rinse".......:nerd:

·
92,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Yeah I've followed his adventures with his two C63s AMGs. Too much hardware goes with that washing system. I have a better system I use with my BMW135i. I have an RFID tag in the lower left corner of my windshield. I drive straight into the car wash just pausing for a moment for my tag to be read. Two minutes later clean BMW!

But, I hand wash my SLK. It is the easiest car in the world to wash and takes no time at all. Plus it's an emotional bonding experience.
I agree, SLK is an easy car to wash, nice and low and not too big. It's nice to bond :x
I don't even use a jetwash.

·
92,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Please Note that religion and politics are not allowed....

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I don't think you can break the bond of dirt film to car by spraying it with high pressure.

Those touchless washes never seem to remove the film on the surface. Proper cleaning requires a light touch of soft cloth, then you don't run the risk of lifting paint from edges of key holes, handle fittings hood and door seams with high pressure jet stream. Paint should never be that loose, but then on older cars damaged paint can show up, I lifted the paint off the painted plastic under the headlights on my truck where the paint was chipped by stones and the high pressure washer peeled the paint right off in a strip. (Was using the high pressure washer to remove love bugs after crossing the state during the bug season.

When I was working, as I crossed the state during the love bug season, I would immediately drive to car wash and use the brush and jet nozzle to remove the love bugs before even checking into the hotel, while they were still "wet".

·
Registered
198 Posts
I used to be, just let nature look after it and wash once a year.

A product of living on dirt roads, as soon as you go anywhere the dirt just reapears.
But then it does not seem to get much worse.

That was until I go Hi Ho and i think Jeff has gotten to me.

I have washed that car more times, and after a run,
when she goes in the shed she gets a quick dusting (and there might even
Be a bit of wax).

Yes there is some bonding going on in the shed.

Cheers from down under

1 - 14 of 14 Posts