Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
*Registered
2009 SLK300
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm looking at maybe getting a rear view camera fitted, but does any one know if it will work on my MB head unit ( post facelift R171, unit has sat nat & SD is above disc drive, so guessing it maybe the NG 2.5 version). If it does work, where do i need to connect it to on the unit..

Thanks in advance.

I should add that data card reads 512 COMAND APS WITH DVD CHANGER if that helps.

·
* Premium Member
35,588 Posts

·
*Registered
2009 SLK300
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IMG_20210721_203234.jpg

·
*Registered
2009 SLK300
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your help Avel Du, just need to get the radio unit out and see where it connects in to.

·
*Premium Member
2008 SLK350
3,070 Posts
Hi all, I'm looking at maybe getting a rear view camera fitted, but does any one know if it will work on my MB head unit ( post facelift R171, unit has sat nat & SD is above disc drive, so guessing it maybe the NG 2.5 version). If it does work, where do i need to connect it to on the unit..

Thanks in advance.

I should add that data card reads 512 COMAND APS WITH DVD CHANGER if that helps.
Try the green Fakra connector on the back. Never used it,so not sure but might work.

Attachments

·
* Premium Member
35,588 Posts
And for your dismantle, check out the diy section. Pretty sure there is one for the facia (in bodywork/panels) & possibly one for removing unit itself.

·
*Premium Member
2010 SLK300
171 Posts
Here is a write up of the install I did this and works great, you will need to hook up a DAS unit to program the head unit to know it has the camera installed and to turn on when you put your shift selector in reverse.

Regards

Bill

PS

Added a PDF with screen shots on the steps to Activate via DAS

Attachments

·
*Registered
2009 SLK300
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Pete and Bill for the vids and info about getting the unit out and setting up the camera via DAS.

Ive got a Xentry laptop so happy days... (y):):):)

·
*Registered
2009 SLK300
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
On a final note, can any of the UK based folks recommend a good reversing camera that i can use ( PAL & mirror image so that i displays the objects the right way round etc).... Flea bay and the other sites don't give enough info....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts