Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Founding Member 2006
112,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found this document/site. Please let me know if it has been posted before

·
*Registered
2014 SLK250
15 Posts
O
Luggage and bags Carbon Bicycle part Rim Bumper

One quick question on this topic (and hopefully I'm posting in the right place) Is the picture above the "channel" that I need to clean out? This is where I run the line down to get rid of any obstructions/debris, and the corresponding channels on the sides of the roof panels?

Everyone seems to say to use fishing line, but I wouldn't think that's firm enough to go down in there. Will a wire coat hanger work and not screw anything up?

Thanks in advance for the help. I've got a very slight leak in only the heaviest of rainstorms and I'm just trying to stay on top of it. I'm also going to use Gummi next.

·
Founding Member 2006
112,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
O View attachment 613993

One quick question on this topic (and hopefully I'm posting in the right place) Is the picture above the "channel" that I need to clean out? This is where I run the line down to get rid of any obstructions/debris, and the corresponding channels on the sides of the roof panels?

Everyone seems to say to use fishing line, but I wouldn't think that's firm enough to go down in there. Will a wire coat hanger work and not screw anything up?

Thanks in advance for the help. I've got a very slight leak in only the heaviest of rainstorms and I'm just trying to stay on top of it. I'm also going to use Gummi next.
No... that is not a drain location

1. Driver side front windscreen
  2. Passenger side front windscreen
  3. Center front windscreen
  4. Driver side rear window
  5. Passenger side rear window
  6. Driver side luggage compartment
  7. Passenger side luggage compartment
  8. Fuel cap drain

1 - 7 of 7 Posts