Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My door doesn't close properly and it drains my battery over night. Is there any way to disable security system? I already remover PSE pump from trunk but it still drains my battery over night if i dont shut the door properly.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The PSE pump controls door locks, keyless entry, centre console vacuum lock, and more... But it doesnt do anything for the interior lights if thats whats draining it? My windows sometimes roll themselves up too far and I dont notice the door didnt close all the way. I only Drive the slk occasionally, so sometimes it will sit with the door ajar for days at a time... The battery has never died once... Are you sure thats the cause of your drain?

As a temporary fix you could also just put a piece of tape over the door sensor so it thinks the door is closed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The PSE pump controls door locks, keyless entry, centre console vacuum lock, and more... But it doesnt do anything for the interior lights if thats whats draining it? My windows sometimes roll themselves up too far and I dont notice the door didnt close all the way. I only Drive the slk occasionally, so sometimes it will sit with the door ajar for days at a time... The battery has never died once... Are you sure thats the cause of your drain?

As a temporary fix you could also just put a piece of tape over the door sensor so it thinks the door is closed.
Where is the door sensor located?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,657 Posts
probably means the little buttons that put the lights off when the door is closed. near the latch

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you know there is a light switch near the light dont you ?? and it can be "switched" off .....
I think i am explaining the problem properly. The interior light isnt the problem. Interior light doesn't come on when I dont lock the door all the way.THe problem is the security system of the car. For some reason It drains the battery if the door isnt locked properly. No lights come on but battery dies in morning. I am sure its the door because it doesnt happen when i close the door all the way

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.