Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my apartment complex I was assigned a covered parking spot next to a jerk driver who never park his car correctly like normal human does,
most of the time one side of his wheels are right on the line.
Don't know how to deal with this kinda driver, perhaps I should get a parking curb and place it on the line.:tazz::tazz::tazz:

Should get one of this and put in the middle:

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
If you are unable to personally address the issue with the person who may not know how or doesn't really care how to park their vehicle, then the only other recourse would be to request the building manager/operator to send a notification to this individual to properly park their vehicle. If this does not resolve the issue and/or concern of potential damage to your vehicle, then request the building manager/operator to move you or this individual to another parking location to avoid/preclude future risks of damage to your SLK.

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,735 Posts
well said!

·
Premium Member
4,446 Posts
Maybe he thinks he's being extra thoughtful? Notice how he parked passenger-door-to-passenger-door? One car-park I frequent is always very crowded and has very narrow spaces. We try to park closely, passenger-door-to-passenger-door, which leaves more room driver-door-to-driver-door, maximizing space for getting in and out of the car (and avoiding more door dings).

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Talk to him first - when I was at uni, we had the same sorta cramped parking spaces, and tried to do the passenger to passenger door trick as well. Of course, most of the time I was driving something that could have lived with a few more dents! ;-)

·
Registered
16 Posts
My sister ran into this problem a few months back, and because of the way her parking deck was (for a gated apartment), it was very hard to get in touch directly with the person who owned the vehicle. She left a very nice note on her neighbor's windshield asking if they could take more care in parking.

(She also didn't park there for about a week, in fear of the person taking it poorly and keying her car). Ultimately, though, the issue was resolved in that manner.

The biggest thing you'll need to do is simply communicate this issue to the other person--they might not (and probably doesn't) know that it's even bothering you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts