Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Founding Member 2006
108,938 Posts
1. key in pos. 1
2. press reset button 3x quick
3. display shows battery
4. with the arrow down to service menu
5. press 3x "-" (minus) until confirmation appears
6. with the arrow one position down to the next menu
7. you should see "confirm", "delete" and "delete mistake" now
8. change to pos. 2 now
9. press "page down" while "confirm full service" appears
10. you get a confirmation
11. press "back" to go to the standard menu

or reset fss:

http://www.slkworld.com/slk-r171-class-diy/9239-diy-r171-reset-service-indicators.html

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG /2005 SLK350
6,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did the "confirm full service" once already - that cleared the "service exceeded" messages but not this one. I will try again though!

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG /2005 SLK350
6,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finally after almost 1 year I've cleared this darned error message. Embarrassing but true how simple it is! In the Instrument Cluster menus, in the Service Menu, under "Additional work", there are two dates for 1) Emissions inspection and 2) General inspection. You can set these dates to any month and year you desire, and if either is exceeded you recieve the corresponding warning. The solution is to simply set the month and year to sometime in the future and the message goes away until then!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Finally after almost 1 year I've cleared this darned error message. Embarrassing but true how simple it is! In the Instrument Cluster menus, in the Service Menu, under "Additional work", there are two dates for 1) Emissions inspection and 2) General inspection. You can set these dates to any month and year you desire, and if either is exceeded you recieve the corresponding warning. The solution is to simply set the month and year to sometime in the future and the message goes away until then!
Spot on Efair :tu::tu:

Just set my date to 12/2040 so I don´t think it will be back for a while !!! thank goodness.

Thanks to Curro, Jeff and yourslf it`s now sorted. Great stuff :smile::smile:

·
Founding Member 2006
108,938 Posts
I have stickied and moved this to diy so we don't misplace it next time

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.